“Not very good”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2017

This place isn't ANYWHERE near as good as India Oven when it comes to Coachella Valley India food. Now, I am not saying it is bad, because it is not, but it is not more than average. The meat quality in the chicken curry was really cheap and had a creepy texture. I asked for very spicy and it did not get to that level. I expect high quality chicken when I get Indian food and this was disappointing. The curry was also much thinner than a typical Madras curry. Flavor of it was ok but not great and it was served in cheap white porcelain dishes instead of the common silver tins.

The baingan bharta egpplant dish did not have much flavor to it and no spice even though it was asked for. It tasted a bit like cleaning fluid to be honest.

Folks that work here are quite nice and it was nice to see an Indian resto where the food comes with rice instead of paying separately for it. The naan was quite good. I will not come back.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Every time we go to Palm Springs, we have a series of restaurants that we frequent. Once in awhile, we try something new. This time, it was Monsoon. My partner has become vegetarian, so we wanted something that appealed to both of us. We checked out their menu online and decided to give it a try.
When we got there for lunch, the waiter assumed we were there for the buffet. I asked for menus. However, we looked at the buffet and it looked delicious. I hate buffets. This one was excellent. It gave us the opportunity to try many dishes, all of which were great.
Needless to say, Monsoon has now been added to our list of frequented restaurants. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

They do delicious vegan dishes and they unlike most Indian restaurants in the USA serve that yummy onion chutney. The staff are very friendly & I am very grateful that they are very close by. Just wish they'd

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

I love good Indian. Unfortunately the desert only has a few choices and they are all bad. Monsoon is no exception. The food is actually passable/ok (6 or 7 out of 10) but the service/decor is worse. I was opting for take out after a few poor dine-in experiences ...until my last visit when I walked in and saw so many flies in the restaurant... and I mean A LOT. The inside of the window had to have 50-100 flies buzzing around the inside, no joke. That to me is simply unacceptable and clear sign of a filthy kitchen and lack of caring. Where's the health inspector?! Just gross.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Great fan of Indian food. Like buffets as you can try small portions of an assortment of dishes. Went for lunch. Fairly busy which was a good sign. Buffet was smaller than I expected. Would have preferred a bigger spread but at $10.99 it was satisfactory. Indian beer was available as was wine. Free naan (plain and garlic) was excellent and they kept filling the naan basket on the table - a very nice touch. Some delay getting the tab for payment and then getting the credit card picked up to make payment.