“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Oh dear. Not very good to say the least. I'm from England so I suppose I'm a bit spoilt when it comes to Indian restaurants. Lots of food but it was all poor. Sorry but that's how it was

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Located in a small strip mall, which has inadequate parking, this delightful Indian restaurant provides top notch food, with great service and friendly wait staff. Lunch is all about buffet; dinner provides the standard entrees, sides and dishes. Vegetarians will enjoy this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

very authentic indian food probably one of the best in the desert, the restaurant is just like a Cafe, nothing fancy but the food is very good

Reviewed 20 May 2017

This place isn't ANYWHERE near as good as India Oven when it comes to Coachella Valley India food. Now, I am not saying it is bad, because it is not, but it is not more than average. The meat quality in the chicken curry was really cheap and had a creepy texture. I asked for very spicy and it did not get to that level. I expect high quality chicken when I get Indian food and this was disappointing. The curry was also much thinner than a typical Madras curry. Flavor of it was ok but not great and it was served in cheap white porcelain dishes instead of the common silver tins.

The baingan bharta egpplant dish did not have much flavor to it and no spice even though it was asked for. It tasted a bit like cleaning fluid to be honest.

Folks that work here are quite nice and it was nice to see an Indian resto where the food comes with rice instead of paying separately for it. The naan was quite good. I will not come back.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Every time we go to Palm Springs, we have a series of restaurants that we frequent. Once in awhile, we try something new. This time, it was Monsoon. My partner has become vegetarian, so we wanted something that appealed to both of us. We checked out their menu online and decided to give it a try.
When we got there for lunch, the waiter assumed we were there for the buffet. I asked for menus. However, we looked at the buffet and it looked delicious. I hate buffets. This one was excellent. It gave us the opportunity to try many dishes, all of which were great.
Needless to say, Monsoon has now been added to our list of frequented restaurants. I can't wait to go back.