“Always fresh seafood”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our first restaurant has been a Palo Alto institution since its doors opened in 1976. With the brand new addition of an oyster bar, cocktail bar and lounge area, there are now even more ways to experience this unique restaurant. The expansive retail market remains a popular stop for local residents seeking to take home the finest in fresh fish.
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Well prepared-basic fish always available. Excellent service, dependablly excellent when you want fish-best around.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Went to The fish Market for dinner. I was greeted by a friendly courteous host. I decided to sit at the bar. The bartender immediately asked if I'd like a drink and had excellent suggestions (Kona Hula beer). I also appreciated his suggestion for dinner. I had the prawns in a pesto pasta sauce. The prawns were huge and the pasta was excellent. Just the right amount. I started with 3 oysters. Great!! My bill was very reasonable I would definitely return as there are many more options on the menu to try

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I happened upon this restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a whirl due to the enthusiastic reviews. Thanks to my fellow advisees! This spot offered a lovely outdoor seating area, wonderful happy hour specials and attentive service. I had some delectable oysters, calamari and one of their Market Margaritas. It hit the spot and I would certainly go back to try more from the menu.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped for happy hour at oyster bar. Very happy with quality of service and freshness of oysters. We will definitely return and hope to see Alias again tending bar!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a light meal within walking distance of the Creekside Inn where we were staying. Our Crab Louie salad and mixed greens with bay shrimp and balsamic herb dressing were just what we needed. The salads are generous, the seafood was fresh and included a variety of vegetables. The sour dough bread was good. Unfortunately some of the greens and veggies were a bit limp, had it been crisper this would be a 5 star salad. Service was prompt and friendly.