“Tasty Mexican in Palo Alto”

Palo Alto Sol Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 362 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I went to Sol for dinner with my daughter while visiting. We wanted a casual but substantial meal -Sol fit the bill well. It is a relatively small restaurant - the decription of "hole-in-the-wall" comes to mind. We were seated quickly on a Thursday night we gigot a table towards the back of the restaurant that seemed a bit quieter than the main dining area.. I had a tasty chicken dish in tomato sauce with peppers and onions, rice and beans - yum! While my daughter had a chicken enchilada and chicken taco that she enjoyed as well. Service was attentive but not hurried - we would consider returning to Sol.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

When shopping downtown Palo Alto , this is a great place to stop by, relax and enjoy traditional Mexican food and drinks. There is no skimping here; plates are filled and oh so delicious.I enjoyed the servers and never ending chips and salsa.I had enchiladas and sampled other dishes and felt full

Reviewed 6 November 2016

This location has less seating than the Mountain View location, slightly different menu items. Delicious. Three salsas and free chips great you upon sitting. Their margarita's are generous. Staff are friendly. Wish they had fried ice cream for dessert. Hard to find around here.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Went to Palo Alto Sol for lunch with my son and his family. The whole dining experience was excellent. The service was super and the venue really upbeat. My shrimp and rice meal was wonderful. The chips were accompanied by the different salsas with varying degrees of heat. Our group all enjoyed the food and drinks.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Nice, open restaurant. Seated quickly, given menus and drinks. Order taken promptly. I had the best Chicken Rellenos ever! Everyone at our table was delighted with their meals. Prices are reasonable and service is excellent. There are lots of different restaurants in this area....but don't miss this one!