“Down home taqueria. ”

Taqueria El Grullense J & G
Ranked #74 of 379 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed the wet green burritos and chimichangas here. Very inexpensive given the meat to filler rice ratio. Large selection including huevos dishes available all day.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Their veggie burrito is delicious (and cheap). They also have a good variety of salsas. There is outside seating in the back, perfect for lunch.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

this is a neighborhood taqueria that offers a variety of casual Mexican food. The prices are very modest. Odering is done at a counter and pick up the food at the other end of the counter when your order is called. the quality of the food was great. It had excellent flavor and cooked nicely. I was visiting Palo Alto, but if I lived there I would eat at the Taqueria frequently. I loved the quality of their food.

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

Been traveling on business to the Bay area for the last 6 months. My per diem barely covers the price of meals in this town. Add a couple beers and it's coming out of pocket. Anyway, I grew up in AZ. Spent a lot of time down in Sonora, MX on weekends, doing what you do down in Mexico and then grubbing at the food carts late night. That's what you should expect. Food cart quality food that's cheap and delicious and will remind you of Rocky Point. The decor is skimpy, but I don't want to pay for decor. Every time I'm in the area, I break up my evening commute by stopping in. Get the carne asada tacos or the chili verde. Or both.

You can even rent their food cart!

2  Thank Ned H
Reviewed 5 November 2015 via mobile

I have had the green wet burrito. It was amazing. Big portion. It is not a chique ambiance, but who cares the food is great.