“Best Hummus / felafel ”

Ranked #248 of 791 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

Freshly made and very well made.
The person on the till was very helpful in explaining the details before I ordered.
Their Humus was even better than many restaurants in middle east . Garlic & chili paste further added the fun to felafel's.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 November 2015

My research group at Caltech has a weekly science meeting. We are a group of about 11 and we give the group lunch. I have for 2 years picked from about 4 restaurants that we like and ordered lunch. One of those restaurants has been the Mediterranean Café. I order the afternoon before and pick up lunch at 11:30. I ask my group to pick from the menu before I call. This week I spent the day getting orders from the café and called to order. I spoke with a man who said he was the owner but would not tell me his name. He said he wouldn't make 11 wraps for me because he was busy at 11:30. He also said if I wanted to order dinners he would do it. How crazy is that? He won't make 65 to 85 dollars from me consistently but would do it for more money. He obviously doesn't realize that my group has luncheons for big crowds on a regular bases and uses local restaurants. And his obvious greed is so crazy to me I can't even believe he did it. Not to mention, I have ordered this same lunch there about every 4 to 6 weeks for 2 years. I am so flabbergasted at his response and rudeness. I will never go there again and will certainly never use it for any event. I even asked if I came in to the building at 11:00 and ordered the wraps would he make them and he said no. So beware, when you go into that restaurant you might be told you aren't spending enough. Shame on you mr. I don't want to tell you my name.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Chicken kabobs, beef kabobs, falafel, etc. are all good, and most people get the plates, but we usually get this one (price as of Sept. 2015):
Chicken Shawerma Wrap……….....6.00
Sliced Chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, garlic spread, wrapped in a warm pita

Does get crowded at lunch time, I try to go a bit early or late. Also the owner is ALWAYS there so hours are limited and when he goes on vacation, they close for a few weeks.

Reviewed 29 April 2015

Had lunch picked up for my team and I really enjoyed the lamb, vegetables and hummus. I highly recommend visiting this place whenever you are in town.

Reviewed 2 April 2015

Usually you can only be 2 of the 3, but this place hits all 3! Also, I'm writing this review as a local who works in the area, and I have never heard anything negative about this place. I love the kefta, shawerma and falafel wraps (in that order) for quick lunches (or dinners), but the plates are also great for bigger meals or to share.