“Solid place to eat again and again”
Review of Mediterranean Cafe

Ranked #247 of 752 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 24 May 2016

My go-to place when I need to get dinner for the family and prices that are more than fair. Where the locals eat for sure!

Reviewed 13 December 2015

Really nice kabobs with the accompanying hummis and felafels. The ingredients are fresh and the meats are well prepared. Conveniently located on South Lake near Del Mar. Good food.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

Since my first trip to MC, I've been back again and again for take out. Since I was in the area and need to grab food for the familia, MC was in order. For the price of under $10 per plate, I got the chicken, lamb and lule kebab..and that was enough for dad's lunch the next day. While the kebab isn't Raffi's, MC's prices are fair and slightly better than U-Pick (a decent place still because MC's hours are not as accommodating as most other restaurants since they make most of their $ during lunch and can be choosy about their business hours). My go-to spot Mediterranean food in Pasadena.

Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

Freshly made and very well made.
The person on the till was very helpful in explaining the details before I ordered.
Their Humus was even better than many restaurants in middle east . Garlic & chili paste further added the fun to felafel's.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 November 2015

My research group at Caltech has a weekly science meeting. We are a group of about 11 and we give the group lunch. I have for 2 years picked from about 4 restaurants that we like and ordered lunch. One of those restaurants has been the Mediterranean Café. I order the afternoon before and pick up lunch at 11:30. I ask my group to pick from the menu before I call. This week I spent the day getting orders from the café and called to order. I spoke with a man who said he was the owner but would not tell me his name. He said he wouldn't make 11 wraps for me because he was busy at 11:30. He also said if I wanted to order dinners he would do it. How crazy is that? He won't make 65 to 85 dollars from me consistently but would do it for more money. He obviously doesn't realize that my group has luncheons for big crowds on a regular bases and uses local restaurants. And his obvious greed is so crazy to me I can't even believe he did it. Not to mention, I have ordered this same lunch there about every 4 to 6 weeks for 2 years. I am so flabbergasted at his response and rudeness. I will never go there again and will certainly never use it for any event. I even asked if I came in to the building at 11:00 and ordered the wraps would he make them and he said no. So beware, when you go into that restaurant you might be told you aren't spending enough. Shame on you mr. I don't want to tell you my name.