“Food Okay -- Atmosphere Noisy”
Review of Stonefire Grill

Stonefire Grill
Ranked #101 of 752 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 February 2017

The food her is okay, nothing special. The one thing I do not like is the noise level and that is what will stop me from going back. Everytime I have eaten here it has been so noisy (both inside and outside patio) that eating our meal was all we could do -- having any kind of conversation or visit was impossible.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

My sister and I met friends here. None of us had ever been to a Stonefire Grill before. The portions are huge and designed to be shared. We shared two different salads and three entrees between four people and had a lot of food to take home. Everything was good but not spectacular.

Oddly, they have a pasta section on their menu, but there is only one type of pasta (unless you count the mac and cheese, which is different).

It's kind of loud in this restaurant, which inhibits conversation, but I know this is considered trendy.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

We decided to eat here because we were in the mood for some BBQ. It took us awhile to order because we weren't prepared to have to order at the counter. We decided on the 1/2 chicken (garlic/lemon) and whole rack of ribs. As our sides, we chose the Caesar salad and the garlic mashed potatoes. The meat was plenty for the 4 of us. The chicken had the best grilled flavor of any we've tasted! The ribs were juicy and tender. The potatoes were smooth and comfort food worthy. Unfortunately, the Caesar salad was horrible. The dressing was so anchovy loaded that we couldn't eat it. It was far too spicy which was a shame because it was a huge bowl of salad. When we mentioned it to the server, she just smiled and said it was the anchovies that made it hot but didn't offer to change the type of salad. We would like to go again but we would definitely NOT get that salad. Otherwise, the meat and potatoes were enough that we took home leftovers.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

We are two retired teachers with 41 and 35 years dedicated to a job we loved.We choose lunch places to relax and reminisce!
Here is my rating! !00% Five Gold Stars!
Food:Delicious
Service Divine! Fresh and ON Time!
Ambiance:Clean and Cozy!
Recommendation:To Everyone!
Happiness Factor:Five Gold Stars 100%
From the moment I arrived, sat outside and was greeted by a lovely girl who welcomed me.
To the manager Jason and our server who brought us a surprise Pizza because mine was not perfectly shaped!
Kindness and professionalism everywhere.!Happy Holidays to you ALL! and Thank YOU!

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

The negative first, when crowded, it is very noisy. Not sure if it's a design problem but it has the feel of a soup plantation as far as flow a noise. OK, neg over. What a great value. We had the BBQ Tri-tip with the Greek Salad Family meal for $43. 2lbs of meat with a giant Salad and it seemed like a dozen garlic bread sticks. Cooked med, as we asked, perfect. They say it can feed 4 to 5 people. We are 3 and always have leftovers, so I agree. This was our second visit and we will go back.