“I got sick as 2 dogs”

Cuisines: French, Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I ordered Chicken Pad Thai, and I woke up the next day with a migraine that was so bad...I would have taken a hammer to the head to take me out of my suffering. My stomach was upset..bubble gut. The restaurant says they don't use MSG...that's a lie...MSG is the only preservative that makes your head hurt. These symtoms went on for over a week, my stomach still hurt. Diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, chills, unable to stand up...called restaurant to let them know. Ben the night manager was a nightmare..he blamed me said I was allergic to the food, he was aggressive, rude, and unable or unwilling to accept their food made me sick. I eat Pad Thai all the time at different places. Their Pad Thai had red onions in it...yuck!!!! I asked to speak to the owner, Ben refused to forward my message. Someone in this restaurant did not exercise santitary precautions, either the Chicken was bad, someone did not wash their hands after using the bathroom, dirty counters..spoiled food..something happened!!!

There are newer reviews for Abricott

Reviewed 20 August 2016

I come here every time I visit my sister in Pasadena. I order the steak salad every time. The steak is perfectly marinated and seasoned. I wish they sold their dressing! Please consider it!! I can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Food was good but so is all the food on South Lake. Room was too warm, tables to close to each other. I've been with two groups to this place both times the reservations were lost.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

Hands down to one of the best asian fusion restaurant I've had over the past few years! We were visiting Caltech but decided to grab a quick dinner before our wanderlust took control of our body and mind, and Abricott is the most viewed restaurant on yelp in the area so this is a no brainer choice. This may sound cheesy but the decor definitely reminded me of Duras' novel The Lover, very unique and beautiful. They offer breakfast all day, which is a perk for breakfast mania like me. I had their savory thin crepe, sunny-side up eggs were perfectly cooked and the color contrast between green onion and eggs is definitely appetite-invoking. The crepe had an interesting combination of cheese, ham, soy sauce. This could be such a disaster but the execution was absolutely excellent. My boyfriend had eggplant and tofu, an entree for lunch and dinner. The display was beautiful and it tasted delicious, but it was a little bit on the oily side, which is common for a lot of asian eggplant dishes. Since we were quite dehydrated, we ordered black tea with lemon lychee, which has a subtle sweetness of lychee but still bumps you up because of the caffeine. Service was also outstanding. Highly recommended if you are in the area!

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Went to lunch here with a friend. Had pad thai which was ok, she had a burger which looked great. portions are generous-salads are huge! The place has an interesting energy-decorated with art and books arranged creatively. has a room to seat a large party with a long table, plus booths and smaller tables. Would like to come back and explore the menu some more!