“It's not my thing.”

Price range: US$0 - US$39
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fondue restaurant
Reviewed 15 September 2015

People love this place for a night out or a special occasion. I totally get that. I just am not crazy about it. It's not my thing. I don't understand the cooking oil or the cheese, and feel that it's waaaay overpriced for what you get. I hate to burst bubbles because I get it, people love this place.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

My husband and I went to dinner here last night and truly enjoyed it. Our reservation was for 630 PM which I simply made online and it was very easy. The parking is a bit tough so just make sure you know that there is a parking structure behind the restaurant. Plan to be there for a few hours as the fondue eating is time consuming. We had about a two hour meal. We both did the 4-course deal which is the best bang for your buck. It's really not that unreasonable for everything that you get. (cheese appetizer, salad, dinner course, and chocolate dessert fondue) The service was good and the waiter explained everything very clear and answered all of our questions. It was one of the best meals we've had in a while.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

It is a chain Fondu place. Yes Fondu, that fad from the 70's, but they really do it great. You can order a three or four course meal that has cheese, salad, entree, and desert, or select which on or more of those you want. Many choices for each course, and it could be a problem if you don't have a cooperative group, because you only have two pots per a table of about eight, so only two types of cheese for the first course, cooking method for entree, and type of chocolate for desert. Our group didn't squabble too much, and you can pass back and fourth. You cook everything yourself except the salad, and it is messy and fun.
The only downside, is it is pricey. The wife and I only did three courses, and had one drink, and with tip it was over $120, but for an occasional special time I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 31 January 2015 via mobile

Been to the Melting Pot before but had resisted going back due to less than stellar service. It was a mistake! Their service has dramatically improved!!! Pleasant servers and people that cared about our experience. Constant yet unobtrusive checks.

Can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 16 December 2014

Nice Sunday dinner overlooking Colorado Blvd in Pasadena CA. Food is quality and the fondue experience is always fun. The food tasting good and a top notch wait staff is always important, this place has both. Park behind in parking garage.