“Difficult”

Villa Creek Cellars
Ranked #75 of 170 things to do in Paso Robles
Reviewed 22 April 2015

Since their "newly" constructed (1-2 years ago?) tasting room, I'm having a harder and harder time enjoying myself. Now that it is by appointment only, I can't just drop in. And, I can never get anyone to pick up the phone on the first, second, or third try. Seems I have to try to call for days. And, tasting costs are rising. And, wine prices are rising. Yes, they have great wines - overall one of the top wineries/cellars/wine producers in PR. But, have they outgrown themselves?

Reviewed 24 November 2014 via mobile

Justine was a great host and made us feel at home. The wines were fantastic, really enjoyed all there reds. My wife and I really liked Avenger and Willow Creek Cuvee. There white wine, Fiano was great, very unique. Will be ordering more wine soon. Definitely my favorite winery in Paso Robles. I have been to Booker, Linne Calodo, Denner, and all the other high end exclusive wineries and Villa Creek wines are superb.

3  Thank Fred L
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Found their wines back in the early 2000 s but given college billswe fell off the list and drank from the inventory
Was in SF area in January and decided to visit Paso instead of Napa
Was glad we did. They remembered me and gad superb time. Was a quiet day after New Years and we had a great time. Got to meet asst Wine maker and got invited to barrel taste.

will be. Supporter for life

2  Thank JOHN F
Reviewed 16 January 2014

If you are in Paso to taste good wines, you need to go off the beaten path and find this place. These folks are producing some of the best reds in the area, though I warn you they are pricey.

We worked through their selection and ended up joining the club and taking away a number of wines. Both of us completely agreed that their 2007 High Road, End of the Road, James Berry Vineyard red blend was outstanding. It is one of the best we've tasted from the Paso area and we've been working it for many years. It retails at $100, however being in the club gets down to $80.

They've upgraded the winery experience from what it was a couple of years ago. They now have a nice parking area, high desert style landscaping and stairs up to the tasting room, and a simple yet gorgeous tasting room. Done almost completely in locally harvested walnut, no touristy stuff for sale, just wine.

If you are seriously into red, slow down, find this place and give it a try. A great experience. Cheers!

2  Thank WineEng
Reviewed 16 July 2013

EVEN under construction? I'd never go back...VERY expensive, limited wines and not worth the money. NO ambience to the area whatsoever...I had read pretty good reviews...I'm at a loss to explain anyone who 'get's around' the wineries of California could rate this one well...REALLY??? This place needs MAJOR work on both their wine and location and presentation. Definitely won't be back. Service was so-so. Big disappointment.