“Gorgeous 5 Star Retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paso Robles
Winemaker's Porch Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 30 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My experience far surpassed any expectations. The couple that owns the property is extremely friendly and professional. The details of the property, vineyard, rooms and food/wine were exquisite. I highly recommend staying at this property. It's particularly special because it is also in a vineyard. The entire experience was very peaceful because we also had access to the porches and outdoor areas. It was delightful to also have their own wine in the room and we also did a tasting. They served two courses for breakfast that were better than you can find at the Ritz! We also had cookies and chocolates in the room and a snack of cheese, crackers and almonds with our wine tasting. The entire experience was very special and I highly recommend this B&B to friends.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the Bordeaux or Estate suites, unless you don't mind your restroom...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Winemaker's Porch Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 5 July 2011

Marlowe and Corinne, thank you for hospitality and for being such generous and gracious hosts. We can't wait to come back!

We spent two nights in Burgundy room while on a trip to Paso Robles over 4 July weekend for wine tasting and had a fabulous time. The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed a wonderful view of the vineyard from our room. The Evensons really do take care of their guests and made sure we had a comfortable stay. We were greeted with a complimentary bottle of wine and cookies on arrival, and Corinne gave us great suggestions for nearby wineries to visit and places to eat downtown.

Marlowe will bring tea to you in the morning, and you show up for breakfast at a time you designate the night before. The breakfast was gourmet and simply amazing! The first morning we started off with a fruit salad, then peach waffles with sausage and eggs, along with your choice of tea, coffee and juice (we got the pom juice). The next morning, our hosts accommodated our request for an early breakfast at 7am, so we could leave early for a hike in Big Sur. We had freshly baked apple strudel to start, then a ham and egg quiche and a side of roasted tomatoes with rosemary and a slice of watermelon. Exceptional attention to detail and presentation. We also enjoyed having Riley, the vineyard dog, keep us company during our meal.

In the evening we had a wine tasting where Marlowe poured from some of his own wine as well as labels made from the grapes from their vineyard, and we also got to taste from the barrel. We had a great time chatting and learning about the wine and the history of the vineyard.

This is the perfect spot to stay if you're planning to go wine tasting in Paso Robles.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I can't decide what was better ....
the comfortable bed I couldn't wait to sink into as the night air whispered through the
window overlooking the vineyard
or the perfect morning cup of coffee followed by fresh banana blueberry pancakes
or the vegetable quiche that was so light and fluffy with a flacky buttery crust you would
swear it was made by a Frenchmen.
or the Malbec right out of the barrell the best I have ever tasted

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We planned a rendezvous with my husband brother and his wife in Paso. Two of the four of us celebrate April Birthday's, and Paso is between our two home cities at the moment. Once we knew the town I went looking for lodging - I chose the Winemaker's Porch for the location and the rooms - ours was a suite-ish room called the Bordeaux Suite. The bathroom had a regular sized (not huge, but not tiny) soaking tub which was nice. The room itself has a queen bed that was SO comfortable, and our room also had a very nice, large tiled area that was basically kitchen with a microwave and fridge, nice table with 4 chairs, dishes, sink - and there is also an area with two very comfy wing backed chairs and an electric faux-fireplace heater, that did add a very fun aire, cool light, and nice heat. The other room (Burgundy Room) shared our second floor of the barn location (actually "over" the barrel room, and wine making areas, but it's QUIET), their room was smaller in comparison, but still a nice size. Their bathroom was back down the stairs and down a hallway though. This wasn't a problem for them (we're all between 35 and 45), but it's something that people should be aware of (it's stated as such on the Winemaker's Porch website).

Now, about the Inn Keepers. Marlowe and Corinne are absolutely wonderful, and Marlowe makes a really fine cab! In fact, there was a complimentary bottle in our room when we arrived, with some really tasty cookies. The same for our brother and sis-in-law. Marlowe also did a barrel tasting for us one of the nights we were there, and we just hung out in the wine making space sipping and talking. Very nice.

About breakfast: both mornings I was amazed. First, the guest picks a time, say between 7:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m., for coffee delivery outside of their room. Then, the guest picks a breakfast time to wander over to the main house for food - although the simple label of "food" doesn't do justice to the magical transformation from grocery to sumptuous repast called breakfast. Our last morning there we had baby bran muffins with fresh fruit and yogurt, which is about my normal breakfast, but then we were served a croissant sandwich with ham and cheese. I could only eat half, as could my husband, so they happily packaged the rest to go. That was our lunch at one of the California Missions, in the mission garden, on our way home - so nice! The first morning we were there a guest that was staying in the main house (The Estate Room) had dietary restrictions (no wheat) and Corinne created something special for her, which looked very tasty as well.

I can't say enough good things about this place... I like to stay in different places each time I visit a place, but I have to say I'd make an exception for Paso. I'll stay with Marlowe and Corinne again! Hopefully on our next stay I'll have time to read whilst laying in the hammock!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Everything you have read in the previous reviews is true. The food is great, Marlowe and Corinne are great host and great people. We stayed for three nights in the Burgundy room. Fortunately no one was staying in the Bordeaux suite so we got to use that bathroom. I would recommend reserving the Bordeaux suite since the walk to the bathroom for the Burgundy room may be inconvenient for some.
I'm usually not a big fan of breakfast, but I found myself looking forward to the morning breakfast made by Corinne and Marlowe each morning. You won't be disappointed.
There always seems to be some kind of neat treat left in the room on a daily basis. They obviously but a lot of thought and care into the experience of their guests. We would like to go back someday.
John and Andrea