Hampton Inn Petaluma(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
US$246
Hampton.com
US$100
  • Pool
Quality Inn Petaluma - Sonoma(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
US$159
AscendHotels
US$114
US$110
Hotels.com
Best Western Inn(Rohnert Park)(Great Value!)
US$129
TripAdvisor
Best Western Petaluma Inn(Petaluma)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclub levelwine countrynice hotelwine tastingfront desk staffsonoma countythird floorbusiness tripeasy accessfitness centershort drivegreat roomsanta rosapool and hot tubdowntown areasan franciscoyogurt
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I attended an event in the area and stayed at this Sheraton Location. I reserved the room on line but upon checking in I decided to use a different card to pay for the room. Upon checking out both of my cards were 'authorized'. Why they still had the first cards information I do not understand, but I was authorized on both and it took over a week to release on the card I specifically said not to charge, which resulted in stressful calls to my bank to move finances around and took a lot of time that should never have happened.

On top of this, upon checking in I found the room to be unsatisfactory and they informed me that I could either have the room directly above, or directly below the one I had so there was no point in my moving to a different room. So I stayed. I ordered room service the next day which I put outside my door and it stayed next to my door for a full 24 hours. On my checkout day the handle of my shower completely fell off so I was unable to shower.

I was so upset at that point that when I saw that both cards had been authorized I went down to the lobby to check out and they said there was nothing they could do, that whichever authorization I wanted to reverse would take a minimum of 5 business days. I asked why they still had the first cards information on file when I gave the a completely new card and they said they couldn't tell me an answer and that it had never happened before. Asked them to delete the card information and they said, "There is no way to delete that card information"

They said they promised they would put it on the other card. I called a few hours later and asked the person who answered what card they had on file that was going to be charged and AGAIN they said the 1st card. I just don't get it. A hotel stay is supposed to be a relaxing get away and this was anything but.

One of the worst vacation experiences I have ever had. I called the Sheraton Hotline and complained but never heard back, of course. After 6 days I was finally charged in full for my awful stay almost $500.00 on the card I specified and 2 business days later after that the funds were finally released off my other card.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Brklyndust
ScottSatterfield, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

A very unusual situation, illustrating that you can't swipe your card and then walk away - only to swipe it again. I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Had to evacuate our home due to wildfires. Distraught guests flooded the lobby without reservations. They offered pastry, fruit, water/coffee to us while under pressure. Kind staff. Amazing Thank you!

Room Tip: Get the harbor view. Nice Petaluma River Marina Setting
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
ScottSatterfield, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

We weather this tragedy together. What wonderful people fill our hotel tonight. So glad we can share this together!

Be well!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

This place was very beautiful to walk around and also walk to the marina. Good number of places to eat at the resort. The room was clean and well appointed. It was very restful there. The staff was very friendly. I had all I needed. I would have liked to stay longer, but had no time left!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
ScottSatterfield, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay! Now as we head into our "value season" we hope that you'll hurry back. Prices come down a bit and everything else stays the same.

Be well!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

My children stayed behind while we attended the wedding and they enjoyed the spacious clean room and the amenities. The beds were very comfortable. We spent time at the pool and it was clean. We were there in late May, the weather was nice and it was not overcrowded at the hotel. The front desk staff were very nice and professional

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thanks for your comments. We hope to see you and the family back again very soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Visited here for work and we have a corporate arrangement which meant automatic enrolment as a starwood preferred guest. This means access to the business lounge for snacks and breakfast which meant that I rarely troubled the restaurant. The hotel is well located, I.e. easy for me Ito find using sat-nag and close to the office. The staff are magnificent and really go out of the way to help - yet they are unobtrusive- which is a delicate balance. Check in was smooth and uncomplicated an I had a room on the 4th floor. Great products in the bathroom and services in the room with iron, ironing board, hairdryer, robes and a good selection of towels. Huge comfortable bed and full air conditioning (which was a little noisy)
I had breakfast each day in the business lounge and this was scrambled egg for me with toast. They have a big selection of teas and also yoghurt, fruit, cereals and pastries. All in all this was a great stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

We hope to see you regularly from now on! We love our returning guest. Thanks for your kind comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay.