“Sumptiously Wonderful”

Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Petaluma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 October 2017

The staff is superbly charming and helpful - great information on local site-seeing. The room as absolutely fabulous, well appointed bathroom (a magnifying mirror!!!) and lots of room to move about and space for things to spread out after hours in traffic ~ Phew! The marina (not affiliated with the hotel, but you can walk along the balcony over it) is lovely as a backdrop. The happy hour prices at the bar were a pleasant surprise and the staff there also were wonderful. The one surprise was the loud railroad whistle and engine sound, but it at least did not go on through the night. A wee bit of hallway and overhead walking noise also. Overall, a super stay!

Room Tip: The onsite breakfast is a bit spendy, so walk down the complex to Marina Bean, excellent coffee, bag...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bielbay
ScottSatterfield, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

So glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We work hard to ensure guests are well served and it's nice to see that it's working!

Be well - oh and hurry back!

Scott Satterfield

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I attended an event in the area and stayed at this Sheraton Location. I reserved the room on line but upon checking in I decided to use a different card to pay for the room. Upon checking out both of my cards were 'authorized'. Why they still had the first cards information I do not understand, but I was authorized on both and it took over a week to release on the card I specifically said not to charge, which resulted in stressful calls to my bank to move finances around and took a lot of time that should never have happened.

On top of this, upon checking in I found the room to be unsatisfactory and they informed me that I could either have the room directly above, or directly below the one I had so there was no point in my moving to a different room. So I stayed. I ordered room service the next day which I put outside my door and it stayed next to my door for a full 24 hours. On my checkout day the handle of my shower completely fell off so I was unable to shower.

I was so upset at that point that when I saw that both cards had been authorized I went down to the lobby to check out and they said there was nothing they could do, that whichever authorization I wanted to reverse would take a minimum of 5 business days. I asked why they still had the first cards information on file when I gave the a completely new card and they said they couldn't tell me an answer and that it had never happened before. Asked them to delete the card information and they said, "There is no way to delete that card information"

They said they promised they would put it on the other card. I called a few hours later and asked the person who answered what card they had on file that was going to be charged and AGAIN they said the 1st card. I just don't get it. A hotel stay is supposed to be a relaxing get away and this was anything but.

One of the worst vacation experiences I have ever had. I called the Sheraton Hotline and complained but never heard back, of course. After 6 days I was finally charged in full for my awful stay almost $500.00 on the card I specified and 2 business days later after that the funds were finally released off my other card.

Stayed: October 2017
ScottSatterfield, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

A very unusual situation, illustrating that you can't swipe your card and then walk away - only to swipe it again. I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Had to evacuate our home due to wildfires. Distraught guests flooded the lobby without reservations. They offered pastry, fruit, water/coffee to us while under pressure. Kind staff. Amazing Thank you!

Room Tip: Get the harbor view. Nice Petaluma River Marina Setting
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
ScottSatterfield, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

We weather this tragedy together. What wonderful people fill our hotel tonight. So glad we can share this together!

Be well!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

This place was very beautiful to walk around and also walk to the marina. Good number of places to eat at the resort. The room was clean and well appointed. It was very restful there. The staff was very friendly. I had all I needed. I would have liked to stay longer, but had no time left!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
ScottSatterfield, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay! Now as we head into our "value season" we hope that you'll hurry back. Prices come down a bit and everything else stays the same.

Be well!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

My children stayed behind while we attended the wedding and they enjoyed the spacious clean room and the amenities. The beds were very comfortable. We spent time at the pool and it was clean. We were there in late May, the weather was nice and it was not overcrowded at the hotel. The front desk staff were very nice and professional

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thanks for your comments. We hope to see you and the family back again very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
2.2 km away
17.1 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
14.8 km away
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa

Been to Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma? Share your experiences!