“Awesome Fish & Chips!!”

Fourth and Sea Fish and Chips
Ranked #22 of 285 Restaurants in Petaluma
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Since 2001, this mom & pop diner in the lively Theatre District in Downtown Petaluma has been serving up seafood done right - fish & chips, fried calamari, clam chowder, oysters, prawns, fish tacos, shrimp louies and other salads - as well as a nice variety of sandwiches, chili spaghetti, hot dogs, and juicy freshly ground hand-formed burgers. We've got gluten-free and vegetarian selections so there's something for everyone, and our fried fish can be grilled if preferred. This location housed a "Foster's Freeze" for 50 years before we came along, so we kept the soft serve ice cream machine to offer cones, sundaes, and a great variety of milkshakes and malts. We use fresh ingredients, make all our sauces and dressings in-house, and serve it all up with a smile. Bring the kids. Bring the dog, too. Our large patio is a comfortable place for everyone, and we offer "family pack" meals to make family dining affordable. Our dining room is heated and air conditioned. We also offer take out with drive-up service for your convenience...call it in, drive around back, and we'll take it from there. We also sponsor a classic car cruise in the last Sunday of each month, May thru Oct, 11-2pm. For pics of this event, go to our website and click on the "Events" tab. Hope to see you here!
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Every time I’m in this area, I try to stop by. I can’t vouch for anything else besides the fish & chips as that is all I’ve ever had here. But, I can’t imagine anything not being really good here.

The fish portions are super fresh and really big (the 1 piece is more than enough for me) and fried to perfection. I always mix the tarter sauce with vinegar, lemon juice and a splash of Tapatio to dip my fish in. YUM.

It comes with fries and coleslaw. Again, fries are cooked to perfection.
The slaw is really good and I’m pretty picky about slaw as I’m not a mayo fan so it’s a delicate dance to get it right (not too much mayo) in my opinion. They definitely do.
The service is awesome too, they are really friendly.
They have shaded outdoor seating in the front and on the side, perfect to take my little dog with us for lunch!

Reviewed 17 March 2017

My husband and I ate here last night based in the reviews. The fish and chips was crisp and flaky and the fried oysters were excellent. The variety of dipping sauces was excellent as was the owners offer to top off my soda. They also serve soft serve ice cream but alas, I was too full to try it.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

We were really impressed by the friendly, helpful staff at this delightful restaurant. The conversion from a 60's Foster Freeze to a local specialty restaurant was well-done, from the paint to the re-done tabletops. The oysters and clam chowder were very hot and delicious. The fish tacos were full of fish. The homemade milkshakes sounded delicious. Next time, we might have to try the fried twinkles topped with ice cream and sauce - a dessert item we haven't seen anywhere else.

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

We went here for lunch after my son's basketball game. The fish and chips were excellent. I loved the fried oysters and the kids loved the chicken tenders. I felt like everything was fresh and made to order. I will go back again.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

This is a small fish and chips place, but it is a cut above. You go up to the counter to order, and the food comes to your table. Typical disposable utensils and plates, but the difference here is the staff and food. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Whoever trained these young men did an amazing job - not your typical fast food place AT ALL. And the food was unexpectedly good. Example - you can order your fish and chips to include some calamari or fried oysters. Everything we tried was great.