“Good food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 90660
Transit: Local Transit stops next door on Whittier Boulevard.
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Visit Nov. 14-2017
Was in town, got this restaurant recommended and it was as good as told. Server was good to explain and recommend, service under dining was over average.
All dinners comes with bread (grilled cheese)salad 3 types of dressing onion rings and red cabbage
Steak was tender and grilled to perfection, ribs was juicy bbq tasted good.
Restaurant is a expensive place but food is made of high quality.

Definitely a place we will visit again.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

The steaks are not worth the price.
I️ just go for the cheese bread but now the changes the bread too. We have been coming here for at least 35 years. The only reason we come here is because my husband says it is tradition. I️ get a hamburger patty

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is Clearman's upscale restaurant. The food and service are excellent just as at their North Woods Inns around LA. The decorations are charming

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We hadn't been to a Clearman's in decades, so we thought we would give it a try. We were heading up the 605 fwy and found it on phone app. It was busy at noon on Sunday. There was entertainment in the main bar area consisting of a singer with a keyboard. We were seated in another room at a table with a huge wooden menu. The waitress said they were only serving brunch & dinner but not lunch. My wife asked if we could just order a salad. The prices on the menu were out of line with what would be expected in such a restaurant. The wine per glass cost was also out of line when compared to the price of a whole bottle. I was about to leave without ordering but my wife talked me into staying . The server turned out to be nice. She brought up front a basket of good garlic cheese bread and a pickled cabbage salad. We decided to split a chicken Cobb salad that was enough for 3 people. The server made the meal better but it was obvious that she was covering many tables without any help.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We visited Steak N Stein last night (10/6/17) again. I only go with groups now, when I have no choice. A party of 13 of us went. We called in reservation more than I week in advance, almost 2 weeks. This was not a surprise for Clearman's! They squeezed us all in to tables, far too small. We were all squished. I told the waiter about it, and he did provide an additional table. We had ONE WAITER for 13 people, plus his other tables! CLEARLY OVERWHELMED. Food was cold and lukewarm at best. Water not filled. Drinks slow. Plenty of Bread.
If you have a party larger than maybe, 4-6 - this is not the place to go. They did provide more bussing towards the end - but that only serves to clear the area quickly for another group of disappointed people. They needed these additional people in the beginning to take orders for food, drinks, bread, salads and issues arising. Bringing in additional help at the end to clear the area does nothing for the customer. The waiter did try! But someone drop the ball by not having more help at that party table. Again, we had reservations well in advance. Steak N Stein had time to prepare for this party. The above address the service. The food has become marginal at best for the amount paid. No comparison to Flemings, Ruth's, or Mortons. Quality is absent.
AVOID Steak N Stein.