“Try the new options! ”

Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Delicious as always.

The Original Red Onion has been a family favorite restaurant for years and it lived up to its normal standards this trip.

The menu has expanded significantly, Asian and Hispanic influences for new dishes. We came for burgers but we're curious about some of the new choices and the owner made us a complimentary plate of the chili verde. (*highly recommend* btw).

Great service, great food, glad we came.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We go to this place about every couple of months. The staff is great but the place could be a little tidier. Burgers and salads are great. This place offerBreakfast as well and a wide variety of menu choices. We don't like the new seating as they've taken out the booths and replaced with bench type seats which are too short. Large food portions and lots of orders to go.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

As we walk in the building, we are immediately greeted and told to sit anywhere. Menus are brought to the table almost before we get seated. The fries and onion rings are especially good. Hamburgers are cooked just right.

2  Thank cnm0m
Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Ate breakfast here with BF on our way to San Francisco. I had a Denver omelet with hasbrowns and sourdough toast. Can't remember exactly what he had but it included eggs some spicy sausage hashbrowns and toast. Portions are HUGE and this little family run restaurant makes you feel at home. They aren't overly pushy but check on you to refill and make sure you're doing well.
The food is delicious!! Next trip to San Francisco and we are stopping again. Prices are good

Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

We have never been there before, and I don't think we will go back either. My husband and I went there for an early dinner, And mostly because a friend told us to give it a try. I order a hamburger with chorizo--it was eatable, but not good enough for what they charge. My husband, first order a pork chop dinner. No biggy, right? We ask what came with the meal---we were told that (I don't know, no one ever order this). That should have been our sign to leave. Then the waiter came back and told us that they did not have any pork chops, but that they could do it with chicken and mushrooms--ok. The plate consisted of spaghetti pasta (really over cooked pasta), and something like chicken parmigiana. That also came with French fries. I know that it doesn't sound too bad, but trust me it was. The place looked dirty and workers were on her cell, another came to work late looking like he just woke up. I just going to say that this was an experience not be done again.

Been to The Original Red Onion? Share your experiences!