“Oh wow!”
Review of The Oyster Loft

The Oyster Loft
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oyster Loft is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 110 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Price range: US$13 - US$46
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This place is simply amazing! Great food! Great Drinks! An amazing view and wonderful service. They did this place right.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I simply can not say enough. This is my favorite restaurant. The oysters are always the freshest and there is a nice variety. You can make a meal of just oysters, have an appetizer - like crude (sashimi), or order a meal. There are some cooked seafood choices as well. The customer service and atmosphere of Oyster Loft is not duplicated anywhere on the Cental Coast. An elegant date night, out with friends or family- the OysterLoft will always please.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Yes, the food is really good. We had a dozen oysters, a mixed plate of sashimi, she had the scallops and I had the salmon. 2 mixed drinks and the bill was $185. That is just nuts. One and done for me. 1 meal cost more than my hotel bill. For shame to greed.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We had dinner with a group of five on a Friday night. Was looking forward to my first visit as the reviews were very positive and we weren't disappointed. Great ambiance, modern décor ,service of Frankie was outstanding and GM Jonathan came around several times to check up on us if everything was to our liking. Of course all of that is great but what about the food ? Well, everything we tried scored magnificent both for taste and presentation. The oyster bar has about a dozen different choices for local oysters and from far away locations. Great selection of appetizers, crab cakes, tuna Poke tower, mushroom toast and spicy Tuna poppers that we all shared didn't last very long. Those of us that added an entrée raved about the black Cod and especially the seared scallops. It's not cheap but what restaurant that serves great fresh sea food really is and it was so worth it. Great meal in a great place !

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We saw all the great reviews for the Oyster Loft and so had high expectations - and were not disappointed. We booked for my birthday which was a great idea as they made the evening very memorable. Our waiter Matthew was excellent and good to talk to (it's always nice when you feel some personal interaction). We also had very good service from Sarah, the manager, who was very attentive and caring about our experience.

So onto the food - if you love fish/seafood, do not miss this place. We had the crudo sampler which was just the best. Three pieces each of four different types of salmon and tuna which were just so delicious. Then onto the mains and we had the black cod and the halibut. We swapped halfway through and I preferred the halibut personally which had the most delicious beurre blanc type sauce. Not to take anything away from the cod in miso sauce which was very good.

And then (not sure how we had space) they brought out a lovely dessert with a birthday candle which was a nice touch. Delicious salted caramel ice cream with caramelised bananas in a caramel basket. Sounds sickly/sweet but it wasn't and I'm not a big dessert person! The food was very well proportioned so we were full but not overly so and had very happy tastebuds!

On top of the terrific service and outstanding food is the setting and the view. We walked along the beach at sunset to the restaurant which was really special and sat in the outside covered area (under a heater) so had the sunset view for longer as a result.

I said at the time I thought this was my best meal of the year and haven't changed my view since being back home. I book a lot of restaurants through my work for a quite picky group of VIPs and would happily bring them to the Oyster Loft it was that good.

It will be the first thing I do when we're booked for our trip next year to make a reservation. Please keep it open and successful in the meantime!

Thanks to all at the Oyster Loft for a fabulously memorable evening without being in any way over the top.