“This rating is for Rodney and Zada Surf School”
Review of Zada Surf School

Zada Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Billabong Surf Camp, Surf Lessons, Surfboard Rentals, Group Lessons, Private, semi-Private, Advanced Coaching, FREE Customer Parking, 2 Blocks From The Beach
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Wow - after reading the other two reviews I'm glad I only looked at Yelp before we decided to use Zada Surf for our grandson. We couldn't be happier with Rodney and the attention he gave our grandson. Up by the second lesson, even let him borrow a surf board when it got too windy to continue. We have nine grandkids and hopefully all of them will be able to take advantage of the patience and skill Rodney exhibits. Thanks Rodney!

3  Thank Gerald H

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This review is ONLY for their acrylic nail services. I just moved to the area, and I had high hopes for this place since I live so close, but unfortunately it fell very short. This place should NOT be doing nail services since they don't have the space for it, nor the skills. Literally, the girl sat me at a tiny, unstable rolling table that moved back and forth the whole time. She used a nail file to file my nails, which at first I thought was fine, but when an hour later she was still filing my nails I was very annoyed. This whole process took almost 2 hours! And a huge waste of time! Whatever was used on my exposed nails/cuticles burned very bad, the next day they were red and irritated. When she finished my nails, there was polish on my skin and she didn't even bother to clean that up. They looked very sloppy. And to top it off, she applied a thick, globby, clear coat that did not dry completely until almost three hours later!!! I am always extremely careful about not touching anything, but this was seriously ridiculous. This place doesn't even have a fan to dry your nails, as soon as she's done with your sloppy nail job she sends you on your way. My nails looked terrible, so bad that I completely re-did them the next day. I had to file them to match, and I had to paint them all over again. AND here's the BEST part: I paid $45.00 for the most horrible nail job I've ever seen. I wouldn't be writing this if I hadn't paid so much money. WHAT A RIP OFF! I just want my money back.

2  Thank Alexandra F
Reviewed 14 August 2013

my family came into town, and the first thing we see when we get off the freeway is a sign for "surf lessons" what a joke. the surf guy blew me off for two days after i already paid. and was extremely rude. wouldnt trust my kids with him!!!

1  Thank outdoorsie_13
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I really thought about this before I came to this decision. This review is for the surf lesson portion of this business. The woman in the salon was very friendly and caring. But the man that did the surf part, was condescending and unprofessional. This is the experience we had, we were told to meet on the left side of the pier for the lesson. When they called to postpone the lesson, they asked us to show up 15 minutes early. We stood out there for fifteen minutes waiting, and even tried calling to find out what any info on meeting. The person we called said it was the wrong number and offered to look up the number for us, when told who we were looking for, she stated that we couldn't have picked a more unreliable company to learn surfing through, she said they probably partied too much last night and over slept. She gave us number and we called and there was no answer, finally we decided to go to the office and see what happened, on the way we saw a truck with they're name on it, we told the guy we were told to meet by the pier and were waiting there, he said in a aggressive manner that no way would anyone tell us to meet at the pier, as they would not have wetsuits down there, and said I guess I will have to believe that someone told you that, even tough in five hundred people your the only one that has made this mistake. Then told us to go get wetsuit that he had postponed class for us, we went to go get wetsuit, while in salon we saw a man and two childern with wetsuits getting ready, we talked to woman at salon about situation, and because the person he actually spoke with was upset, we decided on refund. We did not want this man teaching our child.Then we see him yelling at the man and two childern that were in shop about the very same thing he yelled at us for. So much for his one in five hundred. This man obviously has no respect for people or childern, that he speaks so disrespectful to people in front of childern.

2  Thank Dtakai