The Cliffs Resort
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$209
Shore Cliff Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$209
Pismo Lighthouse Suites(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$289
Oxford Suites Pismo Beach(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$140
Ocean Palms Motel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$89
The Inn at the Cove(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$199
Inn at the Cove
SeaVenture Beach Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$603
US$416
Preferred Hotels
Sandcastle Inn(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$183
Orbitz.com
Cottage Inn by the Sea(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$189
Orbitz.com
1,058 results
All reviewsmarisol restaurantocean viewfire pittide poolshotel restaurantcentral coastthe cliffupon checkrestaurant next doorhot tubcal polyavila beachsanta barbarabeautiful locationlong drivebeach accessoff season
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was great, the location was perfect and the pool was fab for my son. The fire pit of an evening was a great touch and we had many conversations with strangers in the late hours. We had a bottle of sparkling wine presented to us as part of our honeymoon which was an amazing touch. I would love to come back soon.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank CBarratt
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Congratulations on your marriage, CBarratt ~ I hope your honeymoon was fantastic!
I'm so happy to hear that your son enjoyed the pool, and that you had a chance to relax around the firepit.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary, if not before!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I want to lead with, we really like the actual property.

We stayed in Room 153 Sunday evening, (March 4th) as we were referred to their property to be able to lodge with our 7lb Toy Poodle. The reservations clerk set us up to stay in a ground floor suite, and informed us of the room charge, pet fee and resort fee. We arrived tired from a 12 hour drive and checked in, smoothly. We went to the Marisol bar for dinner and a few cocktails, and asked the bartender if breakfast was available onsite. He said that breakfast was served beginning at 7AM in the dining room and that it was really good. We returned to our room, and I drew a bath to help ease my back, as I had taken a fall the day before. Only one of the jet buttons worked, so I don't know what else I was missing, I soaked for a bit, gave up and went to bed. We both had a restful night. We really liked the room. The bed was very comfortable.

When we arose I hopped in the shower, and it was clean, but the shower head was leaking, and the extra shower wand was leaking profusely. The valve to control it did not work to shut it off. This is a waste of water, for sure. Other than that the room was great. We tipped the maid $5.

We went to breakfast and the hostess sat us down, and asked if we were having the buffet or dining off the menu. We decided on the buffet. Then a waiter came over and asked if we had a coupon for breakfast. We had no knowledge of a coupon. He said we had to go back to the front desk to get them. Then another guy, who acted like a manger came over and asked us if we attended the Sunday brunch and we said we did not. He told us that one was a great deal, as we would've saved $40. We were not there Sunday morning. We explained that we had no idea what anyone was talking about. He said he would personally run to the front desk for us. He returned with two coupons, and told me that they were complimentary for our trouble, and thanked us for coming. Now, mind you we would've gladly paid for breakfast, and all of this confusion was coming at us from two different people, and the hostess didn't even bat an eye when she seated us. We originally assumed we would get a tab after we ate. The breakfast was wonderful, and I tipped the omelette chef $7 for doing such a great job on cooking my omelette. My husband left another $5 for the table runner that cleaned up our table and brought us coffee and soda.

I stopped by the front desk to see if the hotel offers any AARP discounts, as I was so tired I forgot to ask the night before. She gladly adjusted my final bill for me. She printed it out and flipped it over, asking for my signature. I signed. I was happy, and we left for home.

The next morning my husband looked at the final bill that I signed so quickly only to discover it has a $30 charge on there for our complimentary breakfast! We had just said that we liked the property enough to bring our Corvette Club back for a Summer run. I'm not so sure about that now, as if we all have this much confusion, you are going to have a customer service nightmare, and a whole bunch of Yelping and Trip Advisor Feedbacks. These are all affluent prospects. I look forward to hearing back from the management.

To add to this, we just received our credit card statement and the original charge on 3/5/18 of $138.41 that was placed to hold our room is not showing as it was credited back to us when we paid the final bill.

I emailed the management yesterday, and no word back yet.

Room Tip: Doggie rooms are all on the first floor. The pool side rooms are noisy with children.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank The_DB_Hoffmans
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you, The_DB_Hoffmans for taking the time to share your feedback. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, but I can see the confusion that you experienced. As far as the hold on your card, that is simply that ~ a hold, not a charge so that won't show on your statement, it is just to verify funds.
As far as breakfast, when making a reservation directly with the hotel, we offer the option of adding breakfast for 2 for $30 ( which saves $10) or 2 for $50 for Sunday Brunch. While that was nice of the server to bring you the coupons, it sounds like he didn't fully follow through as far as the billing. I am happy to check into this and follow up with you. I will share your experience with our Restaurant Manager, as it sounds like the servers could use some additional training.
We would be honored to be considered as a location for your summer run, but I understand your hesitation. However, I am confident that we can provide your guests with a great experience. If the number on your reservation is a good number to reach you, we will be in touch, otherwise, feel free to contact me at stephanie@cliffsresort.com

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I love staying at the Cliffs. Such a fun place to stay. Beautiful location. Last time we stayed, we brought our dogs due to the Thomas Fire and needed to get away from all the smoke. They had a special discount for Evacuees which was such a nice gesture. We got a dog friendly room on the ground floor with a nice patio and view of the pool. We loved it! Had a chance to go down to the beach and catch the sunset with our dogs. My daughter got to enjoy the pool. That night we drove to SLO and enjoyed a nice dinner at Giuseppe's. Highly recommend! We go there overtime we are near by. So delicious! Cliffs is a great hotel and will be back. We also went to the Avila Valley Farms which was great during the holidays.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to a suite! Grab some wine/cheese and from the local store down the road and watch the sunset from your balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Dre805 ~ I hope you and your family are settled back at home!
It sounds like you had a chance to visit some of my favorite places in the area, I'm so glad you could relax a little bit, and make some great memories with your family. We look forward to welcoming you back for a purely leisurely stay.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed the weekend at The Cliffs with a marriage retreat put on by our church. The staff here treated us amazingly. We upgraded to a suite for for few $$ more and were very pleased with the accommodations, view and the on grounds cuisine. Thank you Cliffs so much for an amazing weekend. The only thing I would change would be the pillow. It wasn't a bad pillow but a little firmer than I'm used to. I should've listened to my wife and brought my own.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you, jimnsel! I'm thrilled to hear how much you and your wife enjoyed your weekend, it looked like a great retreat! I'm sorry to hear about the pillow, but for your next stay, take advantage of our Sleep Menu. For complimentary use during your stay, you can request 1 of 4 pillows, a sound machine, ear plugs or humidifier to make your stay more comfortable. No need to bring your pillow from home! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Great Place ... Highly Recommend! stayed for a week on a business trip...... Super clean .... super friendly...... walking distance to the beach..... nice swimming pool and hot tub.... Restaurant and Bar were fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Thanks for the enthusiastic recommendation, ron4120 ~ I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! Although this was a work trip, it sounds like you had a chance to experience some of our amenities as well. I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back for non-work vacation soon.