“The Real Deal”

Ranked #10 of 110 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Hoagies is one block off the beach with a fun Jamaican vibe! We have 2 plasma TV's and great reggae mucic. We also welcome dogs on our patio.
Reviewed 29 December 2017

I've been coming up to the Central Coast for work for the last 6 months and there really is no shortage of good food up here. That's why I'm not surprised that a local joint serves up delicious breakfast in a casual and non-pretentious atmosphere.

I had the REAL DEAL (a fried egg, bacon, cheese and potato chips on an English muffin) and a large coffee and spent MAYBE $8. Very affordable and delicious! The staff is not overly friendly but just friendly enough where I felt I could sit down and not have to engage in chit chat ... which is exactly what I was looking for! A very relaxed reggae vibe and friendly patrons.

I didn't get the bloody mary but I saw several come out - large pint glasses overflowing with shrimps, celery, and jalepenos maybe? They looked delicious!!!

Be forewarned: the mimosas ALSO come in pint glasses :)

Will be coming back only with my dog in tow next time - can't be a pet friendly patio on a beautiful Pismo day!

Reviewed 29 December 2017

sat outside. Had house salad, ahi salad, fish and chips and blt. All was great. Dogs allowed on the patio so pooch could join us.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

With a menu of burgers, wraps, and seafood there is something for most everyone. I had fish tacos my friend had try tip wrap. The portions were ample so we exchanged and both were very tasty. Each dish came with tortilla chips that were excellent. I am definitely putting hoagies on my "go back to" list.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We thought we were stopping in for a light dinner, but this place has the largest sub sandwiches I have ever seen. I had trouble figuring out how to eat the darn thing. First time I wasn't able to fold a sub, but had to resort to a knife and fork. Unless you are a starving teenage surfer, their sandwiches are good for at least two meals....Just a little hole in the wall, but they have a nice outdoor eating area and a fun, helpful staff.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

I am so sad to say that Hoagies was terrible today. We ordered the large fish and chips to share, and one cup of clam chowder for my husband.. Clam Chowder was barely warm. Our fries were lukewarm... I went up and asked the cook if he could make us some hot fries.. He said sure and in 1 min came out with fries that were barely warmer then the first ones.. Not sure if he NUKED them or what, but they were not fresh. Our fish had a hard crust on it, we had to take the crust off to get to the over cooked fish.. When the waitress came around and asked how it was. We told her if it was our first time we would not be back. We told her what was wrong and she said she was sorry and would talk to the cook. There was NO offer to make right.. Come on Hoagies... we have been coming there for a long long time,whenever we are in town and our whole family goes there when they are in town. You have to step it up. Lots of competition in town. Don't think that your customers will stay loyal with that kind of food. So very disappointed. It makes it really hard to go back and give it another try next time. :(