“Don't miss this opportunity for excellent Italian cuisine”
Review of Pizza Bene

Pizza Bene
Ranked #15 of 122 Restaurants in Placerville
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

This place is exceptional! If you're in the mood for great Italian food, look no further. Reason number one: fresh-made pasta, which is hard, hard, hard to find. The pizza looked amazing, but we had spaghetti Bolognese and chicken piccata, both outstanding. Be forewarned that the portions are generous. I recommend splitting a salad (Italian Salad is great) and an entree, or being prepared to take home leftovers. Wine selection has a number of nice local wines. Wait staff is friendly and service is good, even when it's busy. The place doesn't come up easily on searches; sometimes is billed as "Pizza Bene". But the sign says Bene! Ristorante Italiano. Whatever you call it, I highly recommend!

There are newer reviews for Pizza Bene

Reviewed 27 June 2017

While working in Placerville I had dinner at Pizz Bene and was pleasantly surprised. I tried the Bagna Calda with anchovy and found it to be very authentic. The small Caesar salad was very fresh and tasty. The croutons were obviously housemade and excellent. I had the spaghetti Aglio E Olio which was tasty but perhaps my only criticism would be that there was too much oil. The pasta was swimming in oil. The dish could have been dryer with some toasted bread crumbs. The portion was huge. Great value.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Maybe the pizza is good, I don't know, none of us ordered it. However, the four of us each ordered a pasta dish: Spaghetti Aglio E Olio w/Chicken, Linguine & Clams, Spaghetti Bolognese, Linguine & Prawns. All of us had OVER COOK PASTA. Mine was so over cooked that it lumped. The chicken was great!. I do have to say though, they did not short us on clams, that's good. And the fresh made bolognese their "signature marinara, infused with locally produced zinfandel wine" was great. But it just didn't make up for the over cooked pasta and the non air condition seating--oh, it was so hot in the restaurant, that just sitting we were sweating. I do have to say our waiter, Mateo, was nice. Thanks.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We had dinner there. Had a small pizza and was pretty disappointed on the toppings which was sparce. It was so garlicky we couldn't eat it, but for those who really love garlic this is for you. The Caesar salad same, too much garlic. Also, it's very expensive. We won't go back, but a lot of people like it, so don't take my review as gospel and try it for yourself.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

This restaurant is in Old Town Placerville, just a block or two from the “Hangtown” hanging mannequin on Main Street. They had some of the best spaghetti pesto I’ve had in quite a while, and my husband said that his spaghetti and meatballs in marinara sauce was also quite good. (In general, menu selections were pretty much standard Italian-restaurant fare.) Service was excellent. Wine prices were reasonable, but somehow our lunch (which did include desserts as well as two glasses of the least expensive red wine) ended up costing a bit more than $80 including tip, which surprised me. Still, I liked the place and would definitely go there again.