“Donuts are super fresh!”
Review of Donut King

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Donut King
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Pleasant Hill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

I'm not a donut snob, but dang if the donuts here aren't some of the best! I try to get there early morning (they open at 5am) and sometimes I can get one still warm.
The texture of my favorite, the good old raised glazed, is light and fluffy and not to sweet. The Old Fashioned aren't hard and crusty, nice and tender. The apple fritters are straight up the best I've ever eaten. The coffee is good too!
The only con is that accept cash only. I'd recommend a trip the ATM first, lol

Reviewed 8 February 2017

I had a chance to stop by Donut King this morning after an early morning medical test. It was time to treat myself to a donut and coffee on a rainy day.
WOW - what great donuts! Both the size and the taste ./ texture of their donuts is impressive.
Yes, it was early (before 9am) but they were much fresher tasting than I had expected. The plain glazed donut was about 1/2 again as large as a normal shop's glazed donut.
And the jelly donut, with Raspberry filling, was outstanding. I really should have only had one, but. . . .
Coffee is good also - with a variety of flavors available for you to chose from.
If you are in the mood for a very good donut and in the neighborhood, give them a try!
Cash only, and plenty of parking in the strip mall lot. Next door to California Bars and Dinettes.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Donut King is a small hometown donut shop with greatt donuts and coffee service. It is a cash only store no cards accepted.

Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

My family has been getting donuts from Donut King fir the past 15 yrs and have never been disappointed.
I agree with the other reviewers and skip Krispy Kreme...the local donut shop is so much better.
Get there early as they run out frequently!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

I have only been here a couple times. I just don't eat donuts often (2-3 times per year). I told my wife that I was going to treat our nieces to a couple donuts two weeks ago. Man, they were great! First, I almost always see a Pleasant Hill police car parked outside. No jokes here. Cops know where to get a good doughnut. Good variety and fresh. The place has a line during peak hours. Service is quick and friendly. Don't miss it!