“A little slow”

Eddie Papa's American Hangout
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Papa's American Hangout is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 277 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Price range: US$30 - US$31
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Stoneridge
Description: Regional American Cuisine. Hand-Crafted Artisan Cocktails. Old World Hospitality
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Dined here recently during the good guys hot rod show.
We sat at the bar. Service was a little hit and miss. But fine just the same.
Had the wings to start and then burgers. All was ok but could. Have been a little better.
Just didn't quite meet my expectations or what the menu promised.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My husband and I recently dined twice at Eddie Papa's in Pleasanton, CA, and were really taken with the unique offerings! We looked online at the menu, and in addition to their "standard" menu they also feature a rotating regional menu featuring foods from all over the country. This month was a West Coast feature, with drinks and foods like the Mendocino Mushroom, Pancetta and Chicken Rigatoni, a Hollywood Zombie Cocktail, and an Anaheim Monte Cristo Sandwich (a la Disneyland's Blue Bayou restaurant). Other regional offerings include Hawaii, Louisiana & The South, East Coast, Texas & The Southwest, The Midwest, and The South (Tennessee and Kentucky)
They also have a full bar and outdoor patio seating -- perfect for those breezy summer evenings.
Finally -- surprise! At the end of our meal we received a bowl full of complimentary fresh cotton candy! YUM! What a thoughtful touch!
My husband and I travel to this area a few times a year, and we'll definitely be back! Can't wait to try the other regional menus! :)

Ed W, Owner at Eddie Papa's American Hangout, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Tropical dreamer,
Thank you very much for the kind review! We hope to see you again soon!

Eddie

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The crab dip appetizer was our most favorite. It was heavy on crab and less on the cheese and filler. It was absolutely delicious. I could make a meal just on that. My husband and our friend had the juicy Lucy burger and I had the fish and chips. Mine was ok.. The batter was a bit too heavy for the fish but did have a nice flavor and a bit to greasy. But that was probably from the heaviness of batter. I also had the garlic cheese fries and they were really good. The guys enjoyed the burger but my husband wasn't blown away. It was a solid meal. I would come back for the crab dip for sure.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Ask for Brad! He was an awesome waiter! Food was great, drinks in mason jars, cotton candy to top us off! great outdoor seating!!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Not a particularly charming restaurant, but the food was good. I had a fish dish which was cooked very well. The cotton candy is a fun touch.