“Great food, their chef Jason is the best.”
Review of Forno Vecchio

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring St
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I love this place, Boccino for appetizer, Filodough salmon for entree and inexpensive wine with your meal. Desserts are tasty.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Have to make a reservation. It is a small restaurant but the food was very good. Service was fine. Just like most of the good restaurant, you have to wait for a while.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

It's been a couple of years since we last visited this restaurant. We absolutely loved our meals the first time we were there, so perhaps had higher expectations than we should have. On this visit my husband's salmon was very well cooked, and a generous size, but was served on an overly spicy risotto. My Veal Marsala was quite tough and the marsala sauce much too sweet. I should've said something but I didn't so I'll never know If they would have replaced my meal or not. I expect so because the service is very good, very pleasant, and this small restaurant seems to thrive on repeat business. Regardless, we will give Forno Vecchio another try one day.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I've enjoyed meals here on several occasions... a quiet little place with a family feeling.. in fact many here ARE family. Don't miss

Reviewed 6 February 2017

Our evening got off to a rough start. The restaurant was cold when we arrived (64 degrees on the thremostat near our table). Other diners were eating with their with their coats on. We asked the waitress if she would turn up the heat and were told she was not allowed to and would have to call the owner. I asked her to do that and awhile later, as we sat with our coats on, she did turn the heat up. Fortunately the room warmed up before our food came. We shared a calamari appetizer which was good. The tomato basil soup was just okay. Several of the entrees were disappointing. My husband's lasagna came as a big blob on his plate covered with a lot of marinara sauce. It didn't even look like lasagna and the flavor was disappointing. My pan-seared halibut, which was the "special", was dry, a friend's steak came to the table cooked but cold. The gorgonzola bread had so little cheese, it lacked flavor. The saving grace for the whole meal was the chocolate lava cakes that each couple ordered for dessert. They were very good. This was our annual birthday celebration with friends and I had told the hostess that when making the reservation. Restaurants usually help us celebrate in some way, table decorations or special desserts for those having birthdays. This year, there was nothing. We had dined at this restaurant a few years ago and had a very good experience. Not sure what has changed, ...owner? chef? both?

1  Thank BluRavdriver