“Italian Food from Italians !”

Chianti's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Chianti's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 277 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between W. Angela and Rose Sts
Reviewed 13 September 2017

After years of meaning to visit this restaurant we finally went last week and were disappointed that we had not gone sooner. We were helped by one of the owners, Michelangelo, who was charming and very helpful. The menu was true old school favorites, reminiscent of restaurants in New York, with most items made in house - REALLY.
I started with the carpaccio - tasty but a little overpowered by the red onion - next time I will ask them to hold the onion. The table shared a plate of home made tortellini which were in a rich cream sauce - heavy, but like I expected. They offer a selection of veal dishes - real Italian, not typical PC California. The veal saltimbocca was succulent and served with creamy polenta. My wife had the home made gnocchi - one of our favorite dishes - a little dense but delightful - covered in a tasty shrimp sauce.
I was let down by the cannoli at dessert - they serve 2 mini cannolis and they shells were softer then I like. The filling was authentic - as expected from good Sicilians - but never serve with chocolate sauce.
All in all we were pleasantly surprised and will definitely return with more friends.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

The calamari steak is very good! They have good pasta as well. The service has always been good, and I have been here many times!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I've been here a few times the food is good nice friendly place. It's a little on the pricey side but the service is great so you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Great ambience in this place - attentive service too. The seafood was perfect - both sea bass special and the salmon from the menu. All dishes ordered were fantastic - tasty and attractively presented. Great bottle of wine. Excellent tiramisu. I'm going back tonight to sit in the patio with another friend. The patio is lovely too.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We've been several times to Chianti's and each time it's a letdown. The one really positive comment I have is the service we've received from Mark and Allan (?). The food is just ok even after trying several of the dishes. DH goes back to the Veal champagne but I've yet to find something I really really like.