“A great night for the two of us.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #188 of 278 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Reviewed 16 November 2015

As one reviewer stated, "Don't go in here if you are in a hurry". You may have grand children waiting for your meal mostly on weekends though. I have lived in the tri-valley for 22 years, and have been going to Red Robin for 10 of those. I really like the food; sometimes however, the service is a little slow. I waited only 10 minutes or less for seating, but 20 for food. It seems like sometimes this is the only restaurant in town. On the plus side, they have GREAT food. The hamburgers, fries (unlimited by way), and the clam chowder. Just wish they had Tobasco sauce. Come on every restaurant has this sauce. Anyway, I don't say that you shouldn't go here. Just plan on starving, if you are hungry on a busy night.

Reviewed 24 July 2015

Red Robin has recently (I don't know how recently) added more options to their endless fry baskets and added sweet potato fries AND broccoli if you want it! This changes things hugely for me, I love a burger or sandwich but didn't care for the fries. Now there is a healthier side option to help that burger guilt! When waiting for our waiter in the bar, who never came, we moved to the bar itself and got a fabulous bartender who served our food. Super cheerful and on the ball. Good stop for dinner!

Reviewed 4 June 2015

Don't go to this restaurant if you are looking for a quick or even moderately timed meal. Being a small business owner with staff to manage, I can say without question that this is a poorly managed store. We live in Pleasanton and occasionally dine here as our grandson likes it for other reasons - handful of video games to entertain customers waiting to be seated and an extensive kids menu. Entertainment area - machines out of order. We were a party of seven. We waited 40 minutes "for the large table" with many parties of 4 or 5 seated before us. We learned that they only accounted for putting one set of tables together for a large party in an area that had tables along a wall with empty tables to seat at least another three or four large parties. On the way to the table to be seated, I asked to speak with the manager. Manager never came. Was told he was cooking. Short staffed? Employees called in sick? Any explanation would have done, but nothing?? Not even from the less than well trained hostess team that did not understand the importance of customer service. We waited another 10 minutes for someone to offer us water. We had preschool kids with us and asked that an order of fries come immediately since they were hungry and we didn't know how long our food order would take given the manager was in the kitchen. Fries never came and the server never acknowledged whether she knew it or not that they wouldn't. Food was good - only saving grace.
Will not likely ever return.

Reviewed 9 May 2015

After 8 years I was curious if service has improved. Our server was fast in getting orders, unfortunately the delivery of food was slow. We are just talking of burgers, soup and chicken fingers for the kids.

Refills were slow in coming compared to other chains in the area. I hope our server was more attentive to the needs of the guests after all the place was not crowded at 5pm. There are a lot of food chains that I can compare service with, so I was not happy.

The food was typical American food, the dessert was good according to my son. I ordered a Sangria which was bland for me. The rest room was clean. They did sing happy birthday to our celebrant and gave him a complimentary sundae dessert.

I don't think I will be back.

Reviewed 31 December 2014

Came here with the family. Had the ribs and clucks while dad had the salad and my fiance and my brother had burgers. All tasted good and I do really like the malts.