“Never Again”

Add it.
Coco's Bakery Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 September 2014

Will never go here again if I can skip it.
Food is just okay, rather mediocre on my last three experiences. Given the prices you can certainly do better elsewhere.
Service is usually poor, you usually have to ask for everything including silverware. Seriously? It takes anywhere from 30-45 minutes to get your food, and that's after waiting way too long to order. If you are with a group the first people served are usually through eating by the time the last person is served.
Would not recommend and my friends will just have to miss me if they suggest we eat there again.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We arrived on the West Coast about a month or two ago and wanted a comparable version of Cracker Barrel, Perkins or Bob Evans. They serve similar American meals. This was our 2nd visit on January 11th, 2014 because we had a few other meals we wanted to try. Of course, the biggest reason we like Coco's is the variety on the kid's meal. We have not been disappointed with any of the meals either time. There is an obvious feel in the restaurant that the facility is getting a bit outdated and could use some sprucing up. There has always been a good number of people eating which gave us a good feeling that the food would be good. It seems to cater to the "senior" population and appears they have a lot of regulars that have supported them over the years.
Yes the servers seem to be doing all of the jobs but that is reality in this day and age of streamlining. We have always got our meals timely and hot. No complaints from that end either. We will continue to go back until we find a reason to go elsewhere.
Please be sure to try the fish dinners such as the cod and barramundi (similar to some of the trout dinners we have eaten at Cracker Barrel).
There are obvious areas for improvement but overall a very nice place to eat for good prices!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I am not sure what is up with this place, as I have been here at least a dozen times. No matter what time of day it is, or how many people are in the place it takes FOREVER, as in at least 45 mins to get any food after you order. Last time I was there with my kids we did get a great waitress, however, who apologized for the slowness of the kitchen.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We went to this Coco's branch just because we were buying something from a store nearby.
I noticed that the 3 Coco's in our area have all these very heavy wooden doors that give you a mini-workout as you open them. Maybe that's the idea... a workout before mealtime.
Right from the start, I noticed that the service seems rushed, like they want you to sit down, order and get done with it. From the host to the servers, I noticed this "rushed" thing. Even if they say "you're welcome" they sound sarcastic. When I asked what's the soup of the day, the server rattled out all the soup available in 15 seconds. When she was encoding our orders on her tablet, she keeps on pressing the wrong keys because she was so in a hurry . And it wasn't even busy (there were only about 5 tables filled up).
I finished my soda several minutes before the food arrived. The server finally noticed my empty glass and I can feel her disgust that she had to give a second glass of drink. The food was ok, a little bit salty. The soup was good and so was the harvest bread. Then, we now have 2 empty glasses for refill. And I can feel her disgust again as she gave us our refills.
If she didn't want to be disturbed too much, why not just give us a pitcher of the drink, we have the same drink anyways.

1  Thank leather_panda
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Friday June 14, 2013 I wanted to treat family members to a nice dinner and get together the evening before a grandaughter's wedding. I couldn't get a handle on how many would be able to attend until the last second so we had 16 people with no reservation on Friday night show up. The hostess and waitress went far beyond our expections to make us welcome and accomadate us with the utmost speed and courtesy. Orders were taken with speed and accuracy. The food was served in much less time than expected and with 100% accuracy as ordered. Every guest received their meal cooked as ordered with every one of my guests raving about how great their meals were. Shure made this grandfather feel good about the choice to go to Coco's. I cannot thank the hostess, waitress and kitchen staff enough for making the evening an occasion to remember. Next time I visit Poway I know where I'll dine. Thanks