All reviews pool table wxyz bar w hotel modern look customer service fitness center business trip victoria gardens bartender hip lobby spg ontario soap freeway
Reviewed 20 July 2017

This is my third time staying at the Aloft in Rancho Cucamonga! I haven't been to this property in about 2 years and was happy to see that Alexis was still working there! Her reaction when she saw my family & I was very special. She sure made us feel like we were home. She is still the same sweet / awesome young woman we met the first time we came to California! The hotel has done some upgrading and it looks great! New carpet & beds! We appreciate the hospitality that Alexis & the Aloft team gave us during our weekend stay. Alex & Jose were very kind to our family too. We love this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear localmamabear,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are always happy to hear when a guest had a wonderful experience with us. we Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Had a chance to stay here for one night recently. Check in was great and efficient. Rooms were exactly as expected - need to be updated slightly - nicks in wood, toilet not working properly, water pressure (just ok). I really can't compare other hotels in the area to say if this is better or worse. Overall, good - may or may not stay here if I returned.

Room Tip: 3 floors - higher = better for noise.

Dear natedawg4040,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We apologize for our outward appearance during your visit. We are currently going through a few changes and can assure you we will be back and better than before and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are platinum members. We've stayed here many times before and they've made a few small hiccups in the past. But this time, they've completely ignored us. We got here early at 1pm and asked if there were rooms available for check in. The front desk told us rooms were not available since they had a full capacity last night. They said it'll be close to 3pm check in. We totally get it and just waited in the lobby. As we waited barely anyone had left the hotel. Finally 2:30pm rolls around and the front desk came and told me she's ready for me. Well as I was checking in another Asian couple were checking in. They got their room and took off. We checked the room and it was right next to the elevator. I walk downstairs to ask for a different room. The lady said I will have to wait longer for a different room. The time is now 2:45pm. I'm now wondering and asked the front desk how long I have to wait since 3pm is the check in time. She stated that not all their rooms will be avail at 3pm. I asked if they are going to make us wait till 4 now since it's now 2:55pm. Of course I'm pissed at this point. 3pm and still no rooms to check us in. And I see this other couple checking in. I told her that the other couple checked in. How come there are no rooms avail? It's been two hours now and none still avail. She said the rooms are still dirty and need to be cleaned. Well you are telling me they are slacking off because no one checked out the entire 2 hours I was there and still no rooms are avail except for those two rooms that the Asian couple and us checked into. Wow, either you are incompetent or your house keepers are not cleaning the rooms. I had to throw a fit and within minutes the front desk gave us a room away from the elevator. So where did this room come from?

Also as another reviewer had mentioned that as platinum members of SPG we usually get free breakfast for all the guests staying in the room, usually for two. Well here we only get one free breakfast which is to say ridiculous.

Really never staying here again. Very disorganized and run by a bunch of staff that don't care. The entire two hours the staff were just chatting and laughing.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

We would like to extend a sincere apology for leaving you feeling unappreciated during your recent stay. Recognizing our loyal members is of utmost importance to us here at the Aloft and we assure you, should you decide to give us another try in the future, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

My dad is a SPG Platinum member who booked a room for me and my mom during our trip down to Southern California. After an entire day of driving from SF, we were greeted at Aloft by a very passive aggressive gentleman at the front desk. After stating our last name, he proceeded to say and then repeat another name which wasn't ours. After again providing our name, he snarkily responded he didn't have a reservation under our name. My mom pulled up the reservation on her phone to show him and again with his rude attitude asked for ID and was finally able to find it. "Thank you for being a platinum member" he scoffed - really felt the warm and fuzzy sincerity of that one... Not sure what kind of hospitality this is, but we definitely didn't feel like guests.

When he handed over our room keys, he told us that breakfast was served downstairs and was only for one person. This is the first time we've been to a SPG hotel as Platinum members and weren't offered breakfast for all of the registered guests staying in the room. We asked for clarification and he literally just repeated himself. But fine, we didn't really care for the grab and go station.

After finally escaping from Mr. Hospitality at the front desk, we finally made it to our room on the 5th floor and the decor is pretty colorful and quirky. The beds were pretty comfortable and the A/C was strong. There was only one water bottle provided...which is not the biggest deal in the world, but we had two registered guests in a bedroom with TWO beds. Why is this only set up for one person? I guess two beds equals one breakfast and one water bottle.

The bathroom has a quirky and modern design; however, the sliding door between the shower/toilet to the open sink area and rest of the room isn't a full door and provides no sound insulation. Even worse, the shower was luke warm and had really poor water pressure. We waited over 5 minutes for the water to heat up and the temperature of the shower never changed, no matter how we adjusted the knob - it's extremely dissatisfying taking a luke warm tricking shower after a long day.

There are so many other hotel options in the area, so we definitely won't be back. If you want rude service (even as a SPG platinum member) and luke warm rain as your shower, this is the place for you.

1  Thank vshao7

Dear vshao7,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. First and foremost I would like to apologize for the treatment you experienced. We can assure you we are looking into this matter to ensure it was an isolated issue. In regards to the breakfast, at out property we issue breakfast vouchers daily for only the Platinum member. We apologize this was not communicated at the time of booking.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night with my husband and teenage daughter. Modern look and feel of the hotel, but some things to point out.

Room was clean and spacious, but the air conditioner was either off, or very much on. sounded like a helicopter landing site.

After shopping, we were looking forward to relax and use the wifi to get updated, only to find no connection. We went to the lobby to let them know, and they told us no problem, the would reset the unit within 5 minutes. We settled in, but no wifi. Either the next morning. My husband needed to work in the early morning, and had to relocate to the lobby. Never received any excuses.

Easy breakfast option to go in the lobby.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Dear TravelingElin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our property feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced. We hope to see you soon once again to give you the proper Aloft experience.