“Fun night”

Kobe Japanese Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Kobe Japanese Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 104 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Price range: US$19 - US$55
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Frank Sinatra
Description: Welcome!!! Exit bustling Highway 111, pass the waterfall, cross the red footbridge over the golden koi and enter the delightful world of Japanese dining at Kobe Japanese Steak House. Experience the excitement and distinctive flavors of our authentic Japanese teppan-yaki ("iron plate cooking"), prepared right at your table by knife-wielding chefs. Located in a replica of a Japanese country inn, Kobe is best known as the home of beautiful kimono-clad servers and the most talented teppan chefs in the desert, serving the highest quality and most flavorful beef, seafood and poultry available in Southern California.
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

My friends and I had a great time at Kobe. They have great food cooked in front of you by cooks who play up the humor. I had the shrimp and scallops. It was fantastic. My friends had chicken teriyaki and shrimp. We also had shrimp tempura. You will not leave hungry. This is exactly like Benihana restaurant, if you have ever been there. It was a fun experience.

Jerry M, Manager at Kobe Japanese Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

We're glad to hear you had a great time with friends at Kobe recently, Victoria! Our chefs strive to make a great meal and provide fun entertainment, so we appreciate your compliments. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

When Reese left about a year ago we though things would go downhill as he was the main force at the sushi bar. We're so thrilled after not going for awhile that it is just as good as ever and probably better. Chef Shinji is just amazing and we will resume our once a week visit there again! Just great service and world class sushi!

Bill, we are so glad that you have returned to Kobe for our fresh sushi! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you back again at the sushi bar soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Kobe is a wonderful Hibachi place in the Desert.You really can't go wrong with the standard Shrimp Steak Chicken selection....plus add mushrooms.It is in a beautiful surrounding, and the service is attentive.You will always meet Locals and Snow Birds...and it is always a very sociable time.Sunday is a not so crowded day.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed dinner at Kobes. I must say there was kids galore. So if u r looking for a quiet romantic place this is not it. I had a few pieces of sushi to start. Very good. Then I ordered chicken and shrimp and my husband the steak and chicken. Both very good. Decent portions. Good cocktails. Would definitely return.

Ada B, Manager at Kobe Japanese Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Thank you for your review! We strive to provide all our guests with a 5-star experience, and we’re glad to hear you enjoyed the food and cocktails. We hope to see you and your husband back again soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

We don't go out very often, just a couple places downtown now and then, but when I have out of town guests visiting, I love to bring them to Kobe. The food is delicious, the chefs are always entertaining, sake is hot and the staff is very friendly. We came on New Year's Eve and also had a great time. My friends are visiting from Nevada and actually drove straight to the restaurant from the hiway and met us at Kobe. They were not disappointed. Manager stopped to check on us and was very nice and accomodating. We will be back!!

Ada B, Manager at Kobe Japanese Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are happy to hear you brought out of town guests to Kobe and they enjoyed their experience. We always strive to offer excellent food and service, and we appreciate your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon!