4,240 results
All reviews spa pool catalina island ocean view catalina kitchen family pool beautiful property main pool business conference the main hotel southern california lobby bar los angeles fire pit fitness center four seasons family vacation sea beans
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Took my family on a quick staycation for a Sunday Funday and we had an amazing time. From the pool to the service everything was perfect. I highly recommend this resort if you have young children as there are a ton of activities and the rooms are comfortable

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Robert B, Guest Relations Manager at Terranea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Terranea Resort for your Sunday Funday staycation. We are very glad you had an amazing time and enjoyed the pool, service, and activities for children. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Everything about Terranea from the spa, to the room, to the scenery was exquisite! Everything felt first class and it is clear the team here knows what they are doing. It's the perfect weekend getaway from Los Angeles.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We are delighted to serve as your SoCal vacation in paradise and are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and stay again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel in August for a birthday celebration. Wow, beautiful and can't wait to go back!! First, let me say...it's not cheap but it is a great location with all types of activities and amenities, amazing dining options, top of the line customer service. There were some hiccups during my stay due to major events with extremely large groups. Valet, bell service was delayed because of this, so I hope they will do better in the future. Some of the property is individually owned so I won't judge the resort on issues with my villa. I will hope that each owner does a better job of maintaining. Overall, it was a beautiful spot in driving distance. If you are seeking a resort vacation experience without flying..this is it. I have stayed at resorts in other parts of world ...spent more and got less. There is a nearby gas station ,hiking trails, trader joes, local restaurants. The resort will drive you to offsite restaurants and tote you back. Name recognition by staff went a long way for me. They have a great smaller golf course, perfect for beginners or those who want to golf a bit but not all day. The restaurants and free live music were a great end to the evening. Oh and there is an awesome adults only pool!! It faces the ocean and it's breathtaking. My suggestion is pick a spot that works for you and just enjoy the island. I look forward to going back.

Room Tip: If you want adult only like me...no kids this trip..pick adult only casita or bungalow...great view
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The overall vibe is pretty great for such an immense place, but staff seemed under trained and the place is pretty filthy. Clearly needs more attentive management geared toward cleanliness and professional service.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Robert B, Guest Relations Manager at Terranea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
We are glad you enjoyed the resort vibe but sorry to learn that your experience did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to share your comments with our management team to further review. Please know it is our top priority to deliver eceptional service and quality for our guests. We do hope you will return again as our guest.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Terranea is truly a magical place to stay. Not only does the staff treat you beautifully, the resturants are delightful, the Spa is top-notch and the views are breathtaking. mar'sel is an amazing resturant for dinner, special event or not. In our case, my sweetheart worked with Jeffery, our server, to create a beautiful proposal to ask me to marry him. It was handled perfect, Jeff even took pictures for us!! I highly recommend mar'sels for any special event and the menu is very reasonable for the type of service you receive. The front desk greets you with champage as you check in and Alfredo took care of us down to the last detail, helping replicate our first trip eight years ago. He ensured we were in a ground floor ocean view bunglow and even sent down a bottle of wine for us to enjoy.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple