“Nice & Cozy ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Phone number (530) 241-3663
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant never gets me over the moon every time we go for lunch but my wife loves it,so we decided to go in the evening for dinner.
What can I say the food was amazing very different from day time.
We started with the calamari, not what I expected it was amazing then my wife had the salmon very fresh and I had the lamb shank fantastic.
Pretty good wine list.
The service was pretty good a bit of misunderstanding at the beginning to see what server was going to serve us but in the end they were pretty organized.

1  Thank dartmanbull

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

The food was delicious. The service was wonderful. Our server's name I believe was Seth, and he was vet good and very efficient. We loved the experience and will go back.

1  Thank uchuckle2
Reviewed 3 March 2018

For the last few years, Moonstone has been my "go to" for fish tacos! I thought they were the best in he area. Wednesday night my husband and I went for dinner and, of course, I ordered the fish tacos. Wow! I don't know if it was a new chef, or what, but the fish was overcooked and tasteless. The slaw was the "star" of the dish but I don't like paying $16.99 for slaw. My glass of Pinot Grigio was mediocre at best for $14 (because they didn't have Sauvignon Blanc by the glass). My husband had the chicken pot pie which he likened to less than good chicken noodle soup. I will say the service was great but I really need good food at these prices. What has happened to Moonstone? Was this a "one off" or are they just slacking off?

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Indoors very clean, but small, great for couples. Has outside seating. Food was outstanding, menu is a little limited, but there is enough to keep you happy.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Husband and I went to Moonstone for a special dinner... it did not disappoint! Everything from our smoked salmon appetizer to the wine was absolutely delicious (quality ingredients, cooked perfectly, etc). The service was also great. Although we cannot afford having dinner here on a regular basis, we will definitely be back for special dates together and to try out their brunch!

Been to Moonstone Bistro? Share your experiences!