All reviews bedroom suite full kitchen yogurt stove top nice kitchen front desk free breakfast long stay lassen volcanic national park sofa bed each morning beds were very comfortable great place to stay hard boiled eggs good size comfortable hotel restaurants and shopping
Reviewed 19 September 2018

On our trip through northern CA. we spent 2 nights (8/24-8/26) at Townplace. The hotel was well maintained, located in what appeared to be an office park area, had lots of parking and was easy to find. There is a Marie Callender's restaurant within walking distance.
Our room (406) was good sized, quiet and comfortable. the free internet speed was OK for email and web surfing.
The breakfast was very good, much better than previous Townplaces we have stayed at.
The front desk stay were very nice and helpful..
Overall, a place we would stay again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Hello Peter K,

Thank you for your kind and thorough review of your stay at our hotel. I have taken the liberty of sharing your review with my entire team. After all, your satisfaction is what we are all working for! Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Shasta Cascade Wonderland!

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights to hike Cinder Cone and drive around Lassen Volcanic National Park. Our clean and spacious room had two queen beds, a sofa bed, well equipped kitchen and a decent sized dinner table, more than sufficient for two adults and two teens. Friendly staff, free breakfast, convenient location. Just perfect.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Hello Joan Y,

Thank you for your kind and thorough review of your stay at our hotel. I enjoyed reading, "Just perfect." I have taken the liberty of sharing your survey with my entire team. After all, your satisfaction is what we are all working for! Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Shasta Cascade Wonderland.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

The room is pleasant but old, bathroom spacious but again the shower over the bath is not a good sign. The air conditioning is quite loud which makes for a lousy sleep. No restaurant available so you need to travel to eat. The linen is fair quality and the kitchenette is great if you are a long term guest. Breakfast is very hard to obtain when the hotel is busy, simply no where to sit. The check in and reception staff are excellent and go out of there way to help you. I would be happy to return to this hotel and investigate Redding.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hello Australia1962,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our facility. I shared your comments regarding the air conditioner with our chief engineer and the unit has been replaced. I have taken the liberty of sharing your survey with my entire team. After all, your satisfaction is what we are all working for!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

This hotel and our room was very clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the check-in agent was friendly and helpful. Double-bonus, this property is a 5-star property, so it is one of the elusive properties you can use your one free night per year as a rewards member. Marriott has done "cram down" on their properties, so rarely is there a 5-start property anywhere we wish to be, so we rarely are now able to actually USE our free night stay (not technically free though as we have to pay $75/year to use their rewards credit card). **Note to Marriott, if you care, I am switching back to using my Alaska Airlines rewards card because its so frustrating not to usually be able to use points or free nights**

Anyway, back to the review.

I took away one star because I couldn't use the internet to stream, once I was hooked up. I overheard the front desk person say that the hotel was full. Still, I would fix that problem. Since we were only there a night, I didn't really care, but others will.

We liked that the hotel was close to a Safeway with a gas station and Starbucks for a early morning exit.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hello Cedar F,

Thank you for your kind review. I have passed along your comments regarding the internet to our service provider. In the mean time, We do offer expanded internet and the fee is waived for Rewards Members. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Shasta Cascade Wonderland.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Super friendly staff and clean rooms. The pillows and linens were fresh and comfortable.

I was sick while traveling and the staff helped me find an urgent aid doctor nearby. Also told me how to find the closest pharmacy.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hello 132lynn333,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the TownePlace Suites Redding. I was pleased to read that the staff was able to assist with finding a doctor nearby. Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Shasta Cascade Wonderland!