Free cancellation until 26/07
US$109
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

Thunderbird Lodge(Redding)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$132
US$119
Hotels.com
Comfort Suites Redding(Redding)(Great Value!)
US$93
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$139
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$119
All reviewsroom was cleantenantswifimotelsoapsleep
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Room was clean, spacious and well maintained. No funny smells. Nice 39" flat screen TV. Floors are wood, not carpeted. Soap included, but not shampoo. Check in was easy, service was great. Exceeded my expectations for a $60 hotel room.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

After the Auto Club/Priceline botched my reservation at the Travelodge nearby rendering me without a room at the sold out motel, I was put into scramble mode to find a room in Redding in the early evening of August 22nd. Many motels had no vacancies the day after the eclipse from which I was also returning from Oregon after viewing the event. Fortunately through TripAdvisor and their Priceline link, this motel had one room available for $70 and since I was in a beggars can't be choosers situation, I grabbed it. The exterior of the Economy Inn has almost the "Bates Motel" look, so there was some concerns on what my room would look like. Much to my surprise, my one king size bedroom was clean, newly renovated with a spacious bathroom also newly remodeled and had a refrigerator and microwave, too. Not many of the small amenities though, like shampoo, Kleenex, ice machine, no breakfast, and the wifi is spotty at best. However, I had a comfortable overnight stay and was grateful to have found this motel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Arrived in Redding late at night bone tired. The motel looked shabby on the outside and there were no cars in the parking lot. Asked myself, "Is this place so bad that no one stays here?" Took a chance and checked in. To my surprise I found the rooms clean and decent. Not unlike other budget motels I have stayed in. Microwave, TV, nice shower, good bed, quite - what more could you want?

I did see one person in a room nearby peering at us through a cracked open door when we arrived. That was kind of creepy. He looked like a mental. He stayed in his nearby room all night and did not give us any problems. I suspect that many of the rooms are rented by the week or month and that attracts a certain kind of tenant.

If you can get over the shabby look of the outside, the rooms are comparable to any other budget motel - maybe a little bit better.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2015

An OK transit motel, if over-priced at $62 pn for our stay. Friendly family owners took some freezer bottles for us and placed them in their freezer overnight. However, their wifi basically didn't have the oomph to reach 100 ft to our room (#6) - very frustrating when you need a reliable wifi link, a basic necessity for many travelers these days. Clean enough, with new carpet. Very noisey aircon!

Room Tip: If wifi needed, ask for a room very near to the front office. Or stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2015

My husband, 10 month old daughter, and myself just stayed here for our short stay in Redding while we were visiting family. When booking the hotel the thing that was most important to me was it being cheap and safe. We were able to book room #4 which has a king bed for 2 nights at $116 after taxes on booking.com. The place looks run down, but most of the hotels do in Redding. The staff were very friendly. The room wasn't pretty by any means, but appeared clean. I would have to say the bed was one of the most comfortable cheap hotel beds I have slept in, so that was a huge plus (especially since I am 5 months pregnant). We left extremely early in the morning (2am due to long drive home) and was pleasantly surprised to have our key picked up from an awake, kind employee rather than just a drop box. The shower was hot and stayed hot for 10 min plus. A/C was nice and cold and was on in the room when we arrived. Great choice will be returning for future Redding visits.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family