All reviews front desk sliding glass door bar and grill bottom floor free breakfast road trip checking in easy access hot tub king bed comfortable stay one night stay redding area beds were comfortable christine lounge balconies
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Stains on bed/bedding and chair in room. Substance of unknown origin smeared on walls and bathroom shower wall. There are no elevators and no easy way to quickly get from conference center to room, you have to walk all the way around, felt like hiking a mile! Breakfast was terrible, runny eggs and under cooked bacon. The room, the breakfast...totally gross.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Joli H, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the cleanliness in your guest room and we will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff

Thank you for your feedback as you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future. Always feel free to call the front desk with your concerns and they will assist you in getting a room closer to your meeting space as well if available.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I had a surgery recently and put my mother and daughter up in your hotel. My daughter had a large spider crawling her while she was in bed. After my mom killed that an earwig was also killed. When it was reported to the staff they acted like she was making it up! A simple apology would've be been sufficient. I do understand that these things happen from time to time but, at least show some respect and offer an apology.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Joli H, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. We take every customer issue very seriously. I am sorry that our staff did not handle your issue with the professionalism we expect. Please accept my apologies and I jhope you give us a chance to make it up to you on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We chose this Red Lion because this is Where it was at ---- Meaning, the function we attended was here. Ample parking, well lit with security walking the parking lots. This was well because we were in a fishing derby, along with many others, so many boats filled the parking along with what pulled them there.
The rooms were large, clean, needing a bit of maintenance. The beds slept well, air conditioner worked well. We did enjoy the double sink setup. One by itself then one in the shower bathroom area. Allowed us to be ready to go faster.
The water in the shower was backwards, but worked, once figured out. Just a concern if you may have younger children.
We did eat breakfast on Sunday before we left. The young lady sitting us was GREAT, adding to making our day a great start. Breakfast selections were enough with good taste.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you with us again next year. I hope you caught the big one...

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Good trip nice property I liked how the parking lot was well lit and that security was patrolling the parking lot. I would stay at this property again when we are in town. The breakfast was a good selection.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Joli H, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you for staying with us here at the Red Lion in Redding. We know you have many choices. We are working hard to make the Red Lion everyone's choice while visiting our great area. We continue to work hard to update the outside areas and make our guest feel safe.
I hope you had a good tournament.
Joli Hayes

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Hotel was just OK. I'd stayed at this Red Lion several times in previous years, and it seemed to me that the hotel was not as well-kept as I remember it being. Maybe in need of an overhaul. Also, I wonder about the extensive instructions on avoiding having your car broken into in the parking lot. Did not leave me with a sense of security.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We are just recently under new management and we have lots of changes coming. We recently updated all of our lighting in the parking lot to LED and there are more changes coming. We want all our guest to feel safe while staying at the Red Lion In Redding.