“A contender for the worst customer service in America”

Pacific Coast Inn Redondo Beach
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Stay away at all costs, the worst customer service you will ever experience - the owner has a terrible attitude, rude, aggressive, condescending. We arrived and immediately he started talking to us like children, 'if you get sand in the room it will be a $500 fine', 'this is America, you have to take responsibility,' etc, etc. I told him he should extend some hospitality, not be so hostile, etc, and he basically became increasingly aggressive and hostile.

I have been in your shoes before, you are thinking it can't be that bad, it's a decent price, etc, but I would STRONGLY suggets staying well away from this place.

Sincerely, do not do this.

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Redondo Inn.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

I don't even know where to start. Unbelievably rude, opinionated, stereotyping owner. I booked through Travelocity. I am very familiar with the area, I grew up around here. I asked if there was a refrigerator in the room and then the owner went off and wanted to know if I was going to be drinking alcohol and partying..... I'm 57 and traveling alone, my boyfriend was meeting me later...... do I look like that is what I'm doing? I told him I wanted to put my food in it. Then when he saw I was visiting from Colorado he went on a tirade about smoking pot. I told him at this point I would like to cancel my reservation and find another place to stay. I was told I couldn't do that unless I called Travelocity. Room was clean, no coffee maker, rock hard bed, no toilet paper.
Save your time and energy. DO NOT STAY HERE.!! In the morning I was going to my car, my boyfriend had stayed the night and the owner said " one car per room I was gonna have this car towed" my boyfriend asked if I had been informed of this, the owner replied no. My boyfriend said well people can't read your mind!!
I would have stayed longer had I not had such a horrible experience. After reading other reviews I realized I was not the only one treated this way.

Stay Away

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2017

First impressions of this place aren't great, and old car with a busted window in the car park and an incredibly pungent smell of curry hits you when you enter reception, the delightful lady checks you in and then I got to the room.
Clean is actually an understatement, the room was fresh and spotless, smoke free (ashtrays are outside the room) and even the bathroom, a little tired in corners, but it was without a single hair or spot of dirt anywhere.
The wifi is fast and free, the bed was a big king and firm with crisp white bedding.
Theres a subway next door and lots of food options locally, the pier is a bit of a walk but certainly not a chore and the road outside quietens down after the teatime rush.
Two things only let it down, one was the flimsy pillows, one for each of us, we needed more but there werent any, and no coffee in the room, theres a fridge and a microwave, but not even a small kettle.
As we left in the morning, the staff were actually wiping down door frames and windows and freshening up the outside of the rooms, on a Sunday.
I would go back there without hesitation, thank you.

Room Tip: they all seem pretty quiet
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2017

It had free wifi, good TV channels, pretty beach pics on the walls, and the basics you'd need in a hotel. It also included a mini fridge, microwave, closet, and shower. The outside was very cute, but the inside was simple and basic. We arrived at 12:45 am so I was already a little uneasy, but the janky looking cars in the parking lot didn't help. I've never been a fan of outdoor hotels, esp being on the bottom floor, but we survived the night.

Room Tip: Easy and quick access to the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Easily THE WORST motel I've ever stayed in, anywhere in the world. Ashtrays full of cigarette butts sitting outside each of the "non-smoking" rooms; a window that would only stay open if something was used to prop it up; paper thin towels with large holes in them (and no towel racks or even a single hook to hang them on); no toliet paper unless we asked for it; a half eaten moldy sandwich in the fridge; an owner who calls you at 10:30am to scream at you that check out is at 11; and you are kicked out of the room each morning by the owner so they can "clean" even if you tell them you don't want any housecleaning that day.

The owner also swore and screamed at us about smoking, drinking and having animals in the room even though none of that occurred. He also said he has the right to go through our luggage to make sure we don't have prohibited items that he doesn't approve of.

We are a clean cut couple in our 50's from Sweden and always leave our hotel rooms spotless yet this man seems extremely suspicious of every single guest even if they don't give him a reason to be. Avoid at all costs!

Stayed: October 2016