“Impressive Coconut Shrimp! (Great for Special Occasions but, NOT for Easter.)”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 298 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Herondo & Harbor Drive
Reviewed 29 March 2016

This is our restaurant for special occasions, but it was not so great for our Easter gathering because:
1. TOO NOISY We have always enjoyed upscale meals here in and elegant setting, but on Easter it was so loud that we couldn't hear the person across the table from us. Adding to the noise, was a large group of obnoxiously drunk diners, at a table next to us.
2.The service is typically TOP NOTCH, but it was so busy on Easter that it took too long to place orders and to receive drinks. As the designated driver, I was drinking only water. My glass remained empty for so long that I was finishing my husband's water.
3. Typically you can trust the kitchen, but two of us ordered medium cooked prime rib. One arrived pink, but mine was overcooked. I kept it because I didn't want everyone to finish their dinners by the time I received a replacement.
So this visit wasn't perfect and I won't visit again on a holiday.
Still, Time with family is precious.
The stars of the meal:
My husband's order of Coconut Shrimp; quite impressive!
The salad bar, which includes capers & caviar
The Raspberry Sorbetini (refreshingly delicious)
Cappuccino (even though the waiter spilled coffee on the mini biscotti, which made them soggy)

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

My fiance and I came here for dinner to try the food and see if we liked it for a dinner after our small beach wedding. The atmosphere was nice, classy but casual. The manager sat us at a quiet table. We tried orange salmon, prime rib, and some kind of chicken, coconut shrimp and calamari. The entrees were very good, vegetables were perfect, great flavor and not over cooked. Shrimp was delicious but the calamari...OMGosh! So perfectly cooked. Not rubbery at all. My fiance likes calamari but I don't because it's always rubbery but not here. We tried out another venue last night, had calamari just to compare and it was horrible. The prices are reasonable, beautiful view, friendly staff, very nice manager (can't remember his name). Great place!

Reviewed 8 March 2016

This is a great place for daytime or evening meal and puts you out over the water with great views. I was on a business trip here and had a meal solo - and opted to sit at the bar. The service was friendly and the food delicious and moderately priced. The ambience in the evening is a dimly lit restaurant - ideal for distressing or a romantic dinner. The staff are busy and hustling but don't detract from a good time.

Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

This is a great place, with something for everyone!
The food was good, and the service was also good.
You can't beat eating on the ocean!

Reviewed 24 February 2016

The food is delicious. Wait staff is quite good. But even if they'd been serving TV Dinners, we'd go back for the views alone! You are just about right over the ocean as you eat. The sunset is superb!