“Good price, authentic pho”

Hometown Noodle Restaurant
Ranked #100 of 302 Restaurants in Redwood City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I've recently moved to Redwood City and went to Hometown Pho after seeing the reviews here. It is located on Middlefield Road, amongest Mexican/Latino shops. You can park on the street, but the carpark can get full during busy hours such as dinner time. Waitstaff service was fast and friendly, and the pho and other dishes (summer rolls, rice dishes etc) were authentic. Prices are reasonable (under $10 for most dishes). I've been back just about every week, sometimes for takeout rice noodles.

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

A friend recommended the phö here. I received the lovely tripe phö. I didn't feel welcome, or comfortable here however. When I visit a restaurant near where I live, I always go in with an eye for putting the place in my rotation of restaurants and I try to begin that relationship when I enter the establishment. I usually give a restaurant a second chance too- not this time.

Reviewed 28 December 2015

Broth is very flavorful that sometimes if I order a rice dish I just order a side of soup as well. I normally call and pick up. Haven't actually eaten here in a few years but they seem to always have guests inside. So all the pho is great even the chicken pho. The bbq pork plate, tofu or chicken curry, lemon chicken are all great as well. They are a little pricy compared to all the pho places in east San Jose but I think is the best homey feel in redwood city. This place blows up the higher end phos in downtown redwood city.

Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

Always like the spring rolls. Soup could be hotter but good. Reason I don't like going is the rude women owners. Both young and older women have no idea of how to act with customers. The younger one is always yelling at someone.not a nice place to eat in.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Went with friends to this restaurant which was nestled between Mexican Restaurants. Didn't think there was a parking lot, so it's street parking. A friend ordered the tendon pho and I sorta turned my nose up at that. BUT, when it came, I asked her if I could try a bit. It was very tender, but I didn't think it had a flavor of its own. It's an interesting texture. If you want to venture out of your safety zone, try it. Next time, I'll order the tendon with something else - but not the tripe. I ordered the raw beef with cooked brisket pho. . . .safe. The key to Hometown Noodle is the broth. It is very good!