All reviews checking in microwave shampoo cons pros
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here recently because the Marriott and Hyatt were more than twice the price. Check in was easy, though the plexiglass window was a concern. My room was upstairs and at end of hallway. The room was clean and spacious. It has a microwave and refrigerator. You are close to convention center and downtown.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2017

We stayed in room 118, which was cute and not connected to the other rooms in the hotel.

The Pros.

It was super clean, spacious, had lots of character and was well-equipped with a fridge, microwave and a mini breakfast nook with stools and chairs. The beds were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and equipped with towels. The parking situation didn't affect us at all, because we arrived before check in. The location is well within walking distance to everything. They let us check in a half hour early, which was appreciated.

The cons.

1. A call from the front desk after checking in to ask how many people were in the room. It clearly stated in my reservation how many people would be in our party. I have never been asked that by any other establishment upon checking in.

2. Some freakin' dude with a lawn blower decided that 9 a.m. on a Sunday morning was a great time to maintain the grounds. He made sure to circle our room a few times, which woke us up. Check out time is 11 a.m. It is RUDE and INCONSIDERATE to do lawn work while guests are sleeping! Wait until after check out time when you have a THREE HOUR WINDOW to work with.

3. The soap that was provided was VERY CHEAP and no shampoo was provided.

All in all, it was okay. But at $125.00, I expected a bit more consideration for guests.

Room Tip: Room 118 is good for three or four people and not connected to the other hotel rooms. Bring your own toiletries!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2017

this place is in desperate need of an upgrade/renovation. I had friends over in my room and got a call from reception asking how many people were staying in my room, rude!!!!! if I hadn't already paid for the room I wouldn't have stayed there myself! the walls are thin and you can hear people in other rooms and lots of traffic noise. the place itself it older and scary looking. their parking lot is tiny so you will have to park on the street or in a side dirt parking lot. I will never ever ever ever stay here again

Room Tip: location is near the riverside convention center, that's the only good thing about this place
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

It's like these people have never been to another hotel and therefore have no concept of how a hotel should be. There were no amenities to speak of, no soaps, no number to call front desk, no password to the Wi-Fi, and the employees are less-than-helpful.

Three of us were assigned a room with one bed and when we asked for some extra bedding so the third person could sleep more comfortably on the floor, we were denied on the premise that we'd give them a bad review because they had us sleep on the floor.

We then asked to upgrade rooms and they denied us that on the premise that we already paid for the room we were in.

Avoid this place like cancer, you might get it if you stay here.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

The room we were in was recently remodeled and was awesome. Very nice finishing, plentiful & easy access plugs for charging and very,very clean. We stayed one night in a Motel 6 and found this place the next day. Will absolutely stay here again. After reading previous reviews, this place clearly has new owners or new mngt.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family