“Best gosh darn bbq”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We have gone twice and so far everything we have tried has been gosh darn good. They have THE BEST beef ribs I have ever tasted!! Normally I don't eat ribs at restaurants but decided to give it a try. Sure glad I did. It was worth the mess. They give you warm wet towels(actual towels not those little packaged towellets) at the end of your meal to tidy up, thank goodness. I tried the two meat platter ribs and tri tip both were excellent. There are other meat choices like chicken, sausages and different sized platters. We all tried bites of each other's meals and all agreed that it was good down home comfort food. The mac n cheese is gooey/cheesy, sausage had a kick oooooo and the biscuits served with I think it's apple or maybe it's almond butter WOW!! The only down side is everyone already knows about how good it is, so it gets packed. It is worth the wait, but you can go a little earlier to beat the crowd or call when you are on the way and get put on the list.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank sherylannmuniz

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Immediate service quality food product ... best ribs... better than the rib cook off in Sparks NV
They provided good and friendly service also great explanations of the items on the menus. Lots of humor but when the food showed up in a timely manner wow! What a setup ... it was perfect!!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank 877davidhs
Reviewed 1 March 2018

My title was 3 times in 3 years...Y? Because my co worker always celebrates her bday here. We were here last Feb 20, 530PM and every time we had some issues. Everything was going smoothly until (15 min before leaving) one of our friends ordered a glass of beer for the road. Our server, I think his name was Taylor (kinda look like Conan the comedian) we didn't know for some reason came back twice to our table at the same time an older guy (maybe the manager) did the same thing came to our table and asked my friend the same thing 3TIMES about his order--- which was one beer! Our point was, if you messed up something, try to solve it within yourself or your team but don't let the guest keep waiting. They should have given my friend the beer first before doing their thing. I tried their new chicken sandwich, its just like a pulled pork barbque sandwich. So Me and my co workers decided that was the last, we will celebrate her bday somewhere next year.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Pros
Sauces here are delicious
the Feast for 2" for $49 is a great deal for dinner - salad or soup, combo of chicken, 2 kinds of rib and a choice of another meat, 2 side dishes and one dessert to share.
Service was excellent - waiter refilled beverages, brought hot towels, anticipated that we were ready to see the dessert menu - exactly what you want a waiter to do
Plenty of parking
Huge Menu with a variety of choices

Cons
the ribs were a bit dry for my preference but my husband thought they were fine
noisy - lots of big groups (6 to 10 people) and the noise level gets really high
The classic ribs and beef dishes were $30+ which with tax and tip makes for a pricey meal for a fast casual meal but the quality of the meat may merit the price esp for a birthday dinner or other special event. I'll need to check out their lunch menu, might be less for the same food.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

This is my first time to Lucille’s smokehouse. At first I was surprised by how big the place is. They have tons of seating area and a covered outside area. We went for lunch and our servicer was quick to greet us and get us started with drinks. We ordered the lunch BBQ platter with St. Louis spare ribs, rib tips and burnt ends. Before our meal arrived we were served hot biscuits with some maple cinnamon butter. I was impressed that it was a free item because they were delicious. The platter arrived and it was right on point the food was hot and delicious. Ribs fall of the bone and the rib tips won the show. I also ordered greens which I wasn’t expecting them to taste well but I was surprised with the quality of the greens. Overall the price was high but that’s the going price for good BBQ. Not sure when I’ll be back up this way again for lunch but I wouldn’t mind coming back and tour the menu. Overall the service was great, always checking up on us and filling our drinks. Great place.

Date of visit: January 2018