See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 April 2017

That was for one night in April 2017. Although Motel 6 are considered budget-friendly, it's still over $100 per night average due to the LA area location. Compared to other hotels, this hotel is actually "cheaper".

There were a lot of other hotels that were even cheaper than Motel 6, however, they had quite scary reviews. After a lot of research, we decided to book 2 rooms with Motel 6.

We don't mind staying at "cheaper hotels" to save some money, and we are not demanding people, but cleanliness--or at least the appearance of it--is a must for us. We booked 2 bedrooms, and in both bedrooms there were hairs left in the shower and by the sink. The hairs were also dark and long enough to be obvious. This just gave us an idea of how thorough they are in terms of cleaning.

(+) We liked:
- location, not too far from LA attractions
- modern look of the rooms
- carpet in rooms replaced with hardwood floor or laminate
- everything in room was working fine (TV, AC/heat unit, shower, faucet...etc)
- one of the good value hotels in the LA area.

(-) We did not like:
- check-in took about 45 min??!!...and not because there was a line. We booked online with a renowned travel website, but for some "system" reasons, the hotel was not able to get to the same total as the one we were given from the website. They ended up making a manual adjustment to fix it.
- bathroom still had hairs in it, so it made us seriously doubt the cleanliness of the rest of the room. We called the front desk and they sent a lady to come and take care of the issue right away. This was the case for the two bathrooms we got.
- No free wifi. Available for purchase, though.

Because of the hairs in the bathroom, we will not go back. However, if you are looking for a decent stay in the LA area, this could do.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggages, chose a room on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

I have nothing but great things to say about the staff and comfort at this location our house flooded and we are left with no where to go we stayed the 1st but here and I will never go to another motel 6 the staff is friendly and understanding if I'm not happy with something the manager Dennis is always available to see if there is something he can do thanks guys you have a really great team keep up the good work!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2017

The rooms are clean with plain, uncluttered furnishings. Worth the price. There were two dining chairs, a tab;e. one nightstand, a full size bed, open closet, and phone. There were towels (on the small side) and soap. The basics are all there, but no frills.
Coffee in the lobby, but not in the rooms, It shares a parking lot with a Carrow's.

Room Tip: Middle rooms the quietest.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2016

I wasn't expecting much from a motel but I had the worst time falling asleep. The bed was extremely firm, almost like sleeping on a platform. I know there are people who prefer that but I have back problems and it was awful! The room was clean and I only wish the room had a mini fridge to store food and drinks. Also it would be nice if they included shampoo and conditioner. Front desk rep did give me a very quiet room behind the freeway which I appreciated.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Let's be honest. You and I both know why you're here. You're looking for a place to stay in Southern California that won't cost an arm and a leg. But the balance is tricky because so many grungy, even downright scary options are out there. And there seems so very little precious middle ground between the Bates Motel and the Biltmore. So you're wondering if this Motel 6 will get the job done. If it might just hit the sweet spot between forking out cash better spent on In N Out, Disneyland and Old Town Pasadena. Well... it does. In fact, I'd gladly bump up my rating a half star. Because I almost never stay at Motel 6 if better options exist. But in this case, having lived right around the block for years, I was more than happy to bite the bullet to be nearby so many places I wanted to be while pocketing that extra $40 in savings. And the truth is, if you're going to be mostly out and about rather than spending excess time in your room, there's not a lot not to like. After all, isn't LA all about "location, location, location?" OK, the rooms are a bit dorm like...but they're clean and functional and quiet if you ask for a spot around the back. Dennis Gilbert, the manager we dealt with, was funny and friendly and inviting. But the best part is that you're 15 minutes from anywhere. That was the best part about living in Rosemead as well. We all have our individual priorities while traveling. Sometimes we're willing to pay that extra surcharge to upgrade our seating on the plane and sometimes we'll take the lowest fare, come what may. I personally slide the scale depending on circumstances. And I have to say that this particular Motel 6 is like a Swiss army knife in budget LA accommodations. No frills, but no filler either. A quick bite on the go to get you on to your next stop without fleecing you in the process. I'm glad it's there whenever we need it. You probably do too or you wouldn't have read this far. Just factor in your expectations and what you want to get out of the deal. The Motel 6 in Rosemead will more than meet you halfway...and of course, they'll keep the light on.

Room Tip: WiFi is $2.99 but the code lasts throughout your stay. Jack in the Box and McDonalds are less than a 1/4 mile walk away.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business