“Good Dinner”

Ranked #30 of 478 Restaurants in Roseville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A good place to have dinner when you want steak. Old west charm.... polite and caring service.

Nothing's changed here since the 70s.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just finished placing our order here at Tahoe Joe’s. Left Cattlemen’s 10 minutes ago. Turns out they couldn’t seat us without a 10-minute wait. Not sure why. Per their website, they opened at 4:00. Though the place was largely empty, a few people were seated at tables eating. It was suggested we could seat ourselves in the bar. No thanks. Decided Tahoe Joe’s would be more customer friendly. Turns out they are. Oh well...

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We have been here twice for family birthdays. One time with bad service, incorrect order and an attitude about correcting it and cold food is possibly just a "bad day" but when it happens twice - we are no longer going to this restaurant.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

First time at a Cattlemens. Took the kids. Sat in the bar area at a table because there was no wait like there was to get a table. Waitress was sooo nice and friendly. We ordered calamari as an app. Calamari won me over to start. Had the legs and all which most chain restaurants don’t have. Ordered the prime rib as my meal. Very tasty. The mashed potatoes were delicious. The baked beans were a bit spicy so I don’t eat much. Also loved the bread they give. The kids ordered steak and the other ordered chicken tenders. They both loved it. Very good experience. We will be back!

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

One star for excellent service! One star for a good, fresh salad and the delicious bread. After that, I’m afraid it’s all down hill. I was really looking forward to some nice prime rib and they served it cooked the way I wanted, which is rare, but after the first bite I was quickly disappointed & regretting my choice. The meat was extremely tough and had no flavor other than the au jus sauce. The outer”crust” was impossible to chew and my DIL, who had ordered the same thing, compared it to bad jerky. I opted for steamed broccoli instead of potatoes and it was barely cooked, and cold. My son’s sirloin was also tough and tasteless. He did enjoy the squash he got in place of potatoes, but he had to pay extra for it. We ordered a side of fries to share with our toddler at the table and they were terrible - cold and fake tasting.
This restaurant is not cheap, but the prices would be acceptable if the food was good. I was terribly disappointed and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. $80 wo/tip, no beverages besides water, for three adults and a toddler.

Been to Cattlemen's Restaurant? Share your experiences!