“Great (and very large) Breakfast”

Susie's Country Oaks Cafe
Ranked #98 of 478 Restaurants in Roseville
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 July 2016

Decided to visit Susie's for a late breakfast and was amazed to see very few empty tables, even for a late breakfast. Service was great. My server was very pleasant and helpful. Coffee was served almost immediately and offer for refills was frequent. I decided to order the Swedish Frittata which is "Ham and mushrooms inside, topped with Swiss cheese, black olives, diced tomatoes, sour cream and chives" along with wheat toast. My order was served very quickly and I was amazed to see how much food was included. My server did tell me that 1/2 orders are available, which also includes the Eggs Benedict (which I will try on my next visit). The building itself is quite old and warn, but seems to be kept quite clean. All staff contacts were very positive. It is very close to the I-80 Freeway and can be somewhat difficult to enter and exit the driveway, but well worth the effort. I will be returning soon (again, to try their traditional eggs benedict).

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

This is he only place I will go out for breakfast. They are so accommodating to picky eaters and have huge portion sizes. Note: I was able to ask for a 1/2 portion size and they accommodated. You can get everything from a fruit bowl pancakes skillets and even delish biscuits and gravy. It is always crowded but we never wait long for a table. Family of 5 with guest can get seating no problem.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Susie's has a friendly and homey feeling. The food has a home made quality to it. The waitress are "good old girls" very down to earth and very good at their job.

Reviewed 17 April 2015

I wish there was something really spectacular about this place, but they have lot's of regulars who gather every day in the same table and eat the same food. My wife and I tried to find a new place for breakfast with something different but not here. I need to try lunch to give them a fair overall revue. We will be back for lunch and review them again.

Reviewed 18 January 2015 via mobile

This is small shop located in a shopping mall. Parking is easy to find.

Upon entering there is a sign directing one waiting to be seated. Staff casually take a few moments and direct you by pointing at a few tables to choose from for sitting.

No rhythm or reason some of the staff provide menu and proceed to take drink orders. Staff allow moments to ponder the menu and ready to get the order in. Food from order time doesn't take long.

My date and I ordered an omelette and I ordered the High Sierra frittata. Both items served with hash browns (or fries) and a side of toast (options include white, wheat, sourdough, or raisin cinnamon). Basically ordered eggs dishes.

The omelette was filled with enough avocado, bacon, tomatoes, cheese. The frittata was with bacon, tomatoes, spinach, and jack cheese.
Eggs were fluffy. Balance of ingredients. Nothing impressing.
Potato hash browns were a little mushy but brown. Potatoes needed some flavor as it was pretty bland. some work. Toast was ok.

Check and bill settlement were fairly quick.

Good: casual breakfast experience.
Bad: just mediocre service and just blah on food.

I might come back. Not a bad nor good experience in whole.