“Don't go on a Monday for lunch”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 478 Restaurants in Roseville
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roseville Parkway
Description: Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Reviewed 31 October 2017

We spent the month of September in Italy and have been going to Italy for decades. The food in this restaurant can be reminiscent of dishes we have enjoyed while there, and that is a huge compliment. But I broke my own rule and went there on probably the worst day of a restaurant's week, a Monday, and a Monday lunch at that. The "C" crew was definitely on duty at that time.

There were very few people dining so it was surprising that our food was not hot. I was OK with my salmon at room temperature, but a Bolognese pasta not hot is not great.

Our waitress was consistently intrusive and her lack of experience and polish were obvious.

Their veal was quite tasty and all of the seasoning for our various dishes was very good. We have had many great meals at various Il Fornaios around California. But maybe having lunch on a Monday is a great marker overall, and our meal should have been much better.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Il Fornaio Is a great Italian restaurant. Its authentic regional offerings vary from month to month with tasty dishes that you don’t find in most restaurants. Of course they have a menu with all of the Italian food you can get. The service is always top notch too.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This is our 2 grandsons favorite restaurant and always their birthday choice. We had an excellent dinner and the service was terrific! Ask for Ashley, she is the best we have ever had wait on us. Our son's family claims when they moved to the area, Ashley was the first friend they made. They eat at IL Fornio on a regular basis and always have Ashley wait in them. Ashley is what makes the restaurant experience so special and makes sure your order comes out perfect. Excellent food, excellent service....what more could you ask for! Perfect birthday celebration for my grandsons!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We held our son's rehearsal dinner at the Il Fornaio in Roseville, Ca. I worked with Mary D., and she was a joy. The event went off without a hitch, the service, food and price options where first rate. I love this restaurant and am so happy to have selected it for the dinner.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I know it is considered one of the nicer restaurants in Roseville, but I've never been impressed. The food choices are pretty extravagant, but aren't really that good IMHO.