“Il FOReveryone!!!”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 481 Restaurants in Roseville
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roseville Parkway
Description: Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Great place for Happy Hour - great pizza and drinks....Always busy and everyone very friendly. We love the atmosphere!!! I love the specials - from different parts of Italy......Never had a bad meal....Thanks

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Stopped by for some dinner and continue to be pleasantly surprised at the quality in this casual Italian restaurant. It is located at the Galleria Mall. The restaurant is contemporary, modern, and spacious. Our server Jason was excellent and the timing of the dinner was perfect. I had the Calamaretti Fritti(baby squid, lightly floured and deep fried, served with spicy marinara) which was freshly prepared and seasoned. I liked the lightly floured style. The Insalata Cesarina(romaine‎ lettuce, grana padano, hardboiled egg and focaccia croutons; housemade caesar dressing) also was excellent, fresh, and the dressing was perfectly flavored. The Pennoni alla Vodka(large pasta tubes with bacon, vodka-cream-tomato sauce and grana padano) was perfectly prepared and seasoned. The flavor was excellent. The menu overall had something for everyone. I will be back.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

I almost never write a negative review about anybody or place, but I decided to do this for this restaurant as I noticed a pattern. It is not about food as it is okay.
I visited this place a few times with my family. They were fine at the beginning: fine Italian cuisine (descent, but nothing extra ordinary), some waitresses or waiters were good and some bad (like most places), and price was reasonable. Problem is if they are vacant then you are okay, but if the place is crowded (like holiday season) then they will be so ignorant like you never existed.
During a few visits I found out that the management (not the servers) of this place absolutely does not believe in customer service and treating people equally. My in-laws are old and have difficulty handling cold. I dropped off my family (12/19/17 pm) at the restaurant entrance and left to park my car which took a while (more than 15 min). When I returned I saw my family been sat at a table (with not adequate number of seats) very close to the entrance with the door left open (cold wind was blowing directly on them) when they were chilling: I had warm clothes, but I found it cold inside even for myself. No server had approached them to say a word during all this time or offer a glass of water. I stood up there (as there was not adequate seats) for a few more minutes: nothing occured. Nobody even looked at us. Instead of making a foss I simply convinced my family to leave (as my little one like this place). Even when we left, the receptionist person who was standing in front of the entray said not even one word.
People might say I am exaggerating or am opiniated: fine.
Everybody will be looking at the world through his or her own window, but point is: you have to be a human to treat a human like one and irespective of ours feelings or perception everybody deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. I will leave the judgement to the readers.
Maybe this a few words help restaurant manager to rethink about what he/she is thinking.

4  Thank nasr a
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I have dined here many times and have never been disappointed. They do a nice job with all the pastas and the fish dishes. I have also tried many of the regional menu specials which is a great deal at 3-course dinner for $ 36. Last night we enjoyed the regional special from Piemonte, Italy. Good selection of wines and the service is very attentive.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

I have been to the Roseville, California Il Fornaio restaurant a few times. The Grigliata Di Pesce Misto is a mixed seafood dish that was scrumptious. The Brasato Al Vino Rosa is short ribs with mashed potatoes and spinach. It is to die for! The bread prior to the meal is excellent. On top of all this, they have a Gluten-Free menu. This is superb Italian cuisine.