“My goodness......a slice of Greatness!”

A Slice of Goodness
Ranked #3 of 15 Dessert in Roseville
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 21 December 2017

This restaurant is a small gem just off the beaten path. A step inside this very small establishment was like walking into my grandmother's kitchen and savoring smells that have lasted a lifetime. I opted for the soup and pie combo.......good decision! The soup (Chili) was excellent and they normally offer two varieties each day. The slices of pie will make you come back time and time again. While a bit pricey it is worth trying one of many pie options they have available. Keep in mind, once the pie flavor you want has been wiped off the menu board, it is gone for the day. The memory of what you do select will drive you back for more. They do sell pies to go,,,which are guaranteed to make any occasion even more special. Try it!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

This is a place where the locals go! I have only been once for lunch but I will come back to try other pies and lunch selections. The half sandwich and slice of pie is great if you are not to hungry. The turkey and cranberry sandwich and the apple peach pie were very good. I also heard the coconut cream pie at our table was excellent. The place can get busy and service is a little slow - so come early and just relax and enjoy.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Great fresh sandwich, yummy potato salad, and ooohhh, the pie is to die for! Had coconut cream pie, friend had apricot..just amazing. Place is small and cozy, sweet decor, so go early. Friendly service, nice place for a "girl lunch" maybe on the smaller side portion wise, so not a real"manly" spot!

Reviewed 14 April 2016

My sis-in-law and I enjoyed lunch recently at "Slice of Goodness." It's been around since 1985. I don't live near Roseville, CA, so it was the first time I had been in for many years. What a joy! The quaint dining room reminded me of neighborhood cafes long gone. We were served by the owner whose service was pleasant and attentive. I ordered a Turkey/Bacon sandwich which was piled high with meat, accompanied by tomato, lettuce, and sprouts. On the side was a dollop of delicious potato salad, pickle, and citrus fruit slices. My sis-in-law had a cup of cream soup with mushrooms and wild-rice. The cup was the size of what most restaurants call a bowl. She was delighted with her choice. We both had a slice of Coconut Cream Pie and were "in heaven!" I took a slice of Rhubarb Pie home to my hubby which he also loved. On a negative note . . . I had a diet cola which was quite "flat." It made me wonder if it had been poured from a 2-lliter bottle opened well-beforehand. I did not mention this to our server but when I go again I will be sure to ask ahead of time. Prices are on the high side . . . a slice of pie costs $6.75. However, that said, it was worth every bite! The same goes for the entire lunch! We will be back! It was the perfect place for to combine food, friendship, and fun! Hours are Mon-Fri only, 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

We moved from Roseville several years ago and hadn't been back to Slice of Goodness for that long. While in the Roseville area recently to do some Christmas shopping, we stopped by. To no surprise, the meal was still excellent. The menu includes an excellent selection of sandwiches, salads and soups and there are always some specials. And then there are the pies! We chose a half sandwich which came with a scoop of potato sa!ad and a piece of pie...there were at least ten to choose from...all looked good. The only drawback to this restaurant is that they are only open Monday - Friday so plan ahead. Beware during prime time, there may be a wait.