“It's where you find the locals”

Newport Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

When your restaurant is packed on a Tuesday night with locals, it's a good sign. We stumbled upon this place while cruising the area for a place to eat. It turned out to be a good choice. Our server guided us through selections of proteins and sides. All were very tasty. Give it a try.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Try lobster at this Newport Seafood in Rowland Heights and it was very tasty and lobster is very big. Even though the size is very big but they cooked it well and tender. The meat is juicy not bland. Kung Pao chicken is also good. Would love to try again in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Do not waste your time and money. We waited over an hour for a table. My family have frequented this restaurant for over 15 years. We were always happy with the excellent service and food. Then something unexpectedly happened where their executive chef and the great staff left to open their own restaurant in San Gabriel last year. Now the food is poorly prepared and service is grossly unprofessional to the point of ignoring the customers.

My sister and her family came down from San Francisco to visit us. We took them here because her husband loved their Kung Pao Chicken and my sister loved the soft shell crabs. Well, we were here in May and every dish left us disappointed and the service was bad and frustrating. Nothing taste like the way they used to in the past. For example the kung pao chicken used to be crispy and now it's soggy. The fish in the clay pot was so bad I don't have the words to describe it. The "canh chua tom" which is the Vietnamese sweet and sour soup was lacking its signature flavors and spices. We ordered 7 dishes and all were disappointing. Mind you, we ordered these famous dishes all in the years past with so much satisfaction.

The service was unprofessional. We asked for refills of our water 3 times and no water came to our table. Finally my son had to go to the back where they fillled up the water glasses and get it himself. The waiters seems to ignored us, and the worst offender was named Felix. To end the evening dinner, they brought out a plate of sliced up oranges, and what did we find?!! Fish scales on our oranges!! I would give this place zero rating if there was such a thing. By the way, the short lady that's usually there giving those buzzing devices is part of the family who owns this business that's why she doesn't care if she gives you the wrong wait time.

3  Thank phatjoynow
Reviewed 12 June 2015

My family has gone to Newport Seafood in Rowland Hgts for over ten years. Whenever we have family from out of town we take them there. My husband's family joked about me discovering this restaurant, my husband is Filipino and I'm Caucasian and have never been big on Chinese food. This place is the exception. Their vegetables are fresh and talk about the cost for the amount you get! I wish they were closer! It's not a large restaurant and you may have to wait an hour for a table but it's worth the wait.

Reviewed 9 June 2015

i've been coming to this place for years. though the decor has been updated, the food still taste good. usually like to come during the lunch hour for their lunch special. usually like their pan fried pork chops, basil fish, basil clams and salt and pepper shrimp. i enjoy their house special lobster but when there's a group since its pricey.