All reviews overlooking the valley napa valley halibut michelin star main restaurant four seasons wine country glass of wine san francisco silverado trail beautiful property mercedes suite spa concierge luxury anniversary
Reviewed 30 January 2016

Difficult to fault this unashamably luxury hotel set in a commanding position with breathtaking views over the valley. Room was fantastic- contemporary style with its own private terrace overlooking the valley. Bed firm but very easy to fall to sleep on. Bathroom well appointed , lovely complimentary toiletries and oodles of hot water when you wanted it.
Grounds were well tendered with plenty of sculptures to ponder: some of those reminiscent of those one sees in other 5 star establishments, others quirky/ eccentric.
Met at reception by ear piece wearing/sunglass clad stern helpers - highly efficient in shifting bags to rooms (which are a short drive from the main hotel property).
Visited but did not use Spa centre in the grounds of this hotel with its plunge pools-ranging from icy cold to warm or the swimming pool located in the main complex. However both looked stylish and in keeping with the tone of the place.
Breakfast menu choice was varied and vast– portions can be a bit on large size especially the liberal portions of fried potato!
Negatives? I really cannot think of any other than a small niggle that at breakfast, the main course/eggs benedict brought to the table shortly after the cereal served so, had to be taken away to keep warm. On their return, the eggs were no longer runny. Also if you don't like steps you will need to ask reception to transport you from your room to the main section of the hotel which also contains their restaurant. Not a problem for us but for others something to note- albeit the slopes at this hotel are nowhere near as dramatic as say in Sugar Beach St Lucia!
Finally full marks to the concierge service who came up with some great suggestions to compose a local wine tour.
Overall a relaxing and most peasant stay. Not an inexpensive establishment but overall I would certainly gladly return and recommend.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Bradley R, General Manager at Auberge du Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Dear Amardav,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for being our guest at Auberge du Soleil! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the property, especially your accommodations, and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our concierge team. I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the Napa Valley.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Auberge has it all: service, surroundings, excellence, quality, attention to detail. You could not choose a fine place to stay or dine. Modern yet a touch of Old World. They know how to tantalize your senses.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Bradley R, General Manager at Auberge du Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

Dear MaxMuscolo,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for being our guest at Auberge du Soleil. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

Auberge du Soleil is worth the splurge. I must recommend dinner on the terrace, weather permitting. While they offer a wonderful wine list, you may also take a bottle (or 2) of your favorite wine. I visited on a girls' birthday trip and couldn't have been more impressed. From the moment you drive up, until the departure, every whim is met with delightful can do. Splurge. Luxuriate. Revel in...it's worth it.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Bradley R, General Manager at Auberge du Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Dear jeanniebennett,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for being our guest. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Restaurant and were able to take advantage of the terrace. I hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2016

I am a younger traveler so I was a bit worried about going to such a high end place, but in fact there was nothing to worry about. I was treated just like a movie star and could not have asked for a better stay. When I first arrived on property the views took my breath away. It was a little bit smokey because of all of the fires that were happening at the time but still beautiful. Then I preceded to the pool, and had a wonderful drink while I waited for my partner to arrive. When he arrived we went to the spa pools which were so relaxing and had a great view that looked over the valley. Next we went to our room where there was wine that we enjoyed and proceeded to dinner, where we sat down and had a 5 course dinner. The food was good, was not as good as other places I have been. We sat on the balcony and looked over the pool and valley. We then went and spent hours in the pool again. Lastly, when we checked out in the morning I had made a complaint about how nobody came to pick us up for dinner after we called twice and they said they were on their way making us late for our dinner reservation. The gentleman at the front desk was not ok with what had happened and comped a large portion of our bill. I really appreciated how they want to do everything in their power to make everything perfect, coming from a future general managers point of view that is something I will strive to do as well. Overall our stay was perfect and we could not have asked for anything better.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank sarah m

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your wonderful compliments and for being our guest at Auberge du Soleil. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the property, especially the pool and the Auberge Spa. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced regarding transportation to dinner and thank you for your kind words about our Front Desk's response. I will be sure to pass along your compliments. I hope to welcome you back to Auberge du Soleil on your next visit to Napa Valley.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

Auberge du Soleil is not unexpensive, but is worth every dollar you pay for your room. The place is unique, the rooms are spectacular, so is the bathroom. Everything here was done with very good taste, and you will receive much more than you expected. They will care for your needs before you even notice you had a need. This one of the best hotels I have ever been to.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank rebeca v
Bradley R, General Manager at Auberge du Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Dear Rebeca,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your time at Auberge du Soleil and for your compliments on the property and accommodations. I will be sure to share your compliments with my team. Thank you for being our guest and I hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Best regards,