“Excellent”

Fixins
Get food delivered
Ranked #281 of 2,189 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed 9 April 2021

First time visitor to this restaurant and was impressed with everything. The food was fresh, good and amazing. Service was a bit slow....but well worth the wait. Will certainly go again and again.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (10)

Reviewed 11 March 2020

I read good things about the new restaurant in the Oak Park section of Sacramento and I felt like it was a place I needed to try. It was bustling at around 6:15 on a Tuesday night. I decided to sit at the bar to "find out" about this place. The menu is simple but filled with just enough choices. I chose catfish, mac n' cheese and green beans. It wasn't a long wait but when it came it was heaped high and wide. All the dishes had their own unique taste and touch of flare. The hint of nutmeg gave the cheesy mac just the right touch. The green beans and the brading on the catfish had just a bit of heat that added the right thing. The hushpuppies were my favorite part of the meal. Silky smooth inside and not greasy at all. Let's talk about portion size. This would easily been two meals for me. What topped it off was the the value. I would have expected to pay a lot more than I did. If soul food is your thing you have to go here.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

This was a pretty good place. Atmosphere was nice, friendly staff, and in a nice family oriented vibe. The food is surprisingly well seasoned soul food cooked well. I would recommend this place to anyone with a taste for that feeling of home cooked soul food. I will be going back again with my family. I didn’t give it five stars because the wait was so long that they started running out of food and drinks by the time we were seated. They should account for the masses—running out of food and lemonade is not cool. Otherwise, this place is pretty good.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 2 February 2020

Great food, well thought out, prepared, and served in a really casual neighborhood atmosphere.
Service quick and attentive. Quality of food approaches that of higher end restaurants.
The only thing to be said about the various sides - Yum.
To be said of the fried chicken - Yum Yum Yum

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 25 December 2019 via mobile

Loved my fried chicken and the spicy sides of rice and beans and black eyed peas. My son had an excellent hot chicken sandwich. A neat vibe with good service

Date of visit: December 2019