“Birthday breakfast offer”

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #35 of 2,215 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Description: As the capital of California, it will come as no surprise that our exciting city is filled with many places to eat. None of them, however, are quite as unique as the Black Bear Diner. Not only do we offer a collection of hearty dishes in a bear-themed, woodsy setting, we feature the very best staff of hosts, servers, cooks, and busboys. Our particular diner is also set apart from others thanks to a large, separate dining room that can be configured with dining tables and/or classroom tables to accommodate meetings and banquets. And thanks to our proximity to the Sacramento International Airport and being an in-between from the Bay Area to Reno and Tahoe, locals and travelers alike absolutely love us!
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I’m not a breakfast person, so I gave my order to my hubby and ordered the Tri Tip sandwich with grilled onions & mushrooms - OMGoodness... very yummy. It had crunchy fries and citrus garnish. My husband really enjoyed the breakfast (2 eggs, 2 pancakes, & 2 sausages. My sandwich was Excellent! Being Super Bowl Sunday - the place was busy & we had very good service from Tracie.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere, great food. Friendly helpful staff. Been here several times now and always a warm welcome. Not bad prices too.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We went on a sunday morning and when the parking lot was packed we thought it was going to be a long wait. We were seated in less than 10 minutes. The service was good, the portion sizes large , and we really enjoyed our meal. We will go back. Wish they would open one in Fresno.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I've been to Black Bear diner in Reno but this one deserves a review. The restaurant is HUGE, so it makes the wait time far less. The food is consistently well portioned, and you can't go wrong with anything on their breakfast menu. I got the California Benedict and added ham, with their country potatoes. YUM! Staff was very friendly too.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

My choice for linguisa and eggs over the years. Can always count on decent service, fair portions, and pleasant atmosphere at any Black Bear. Their corned beef is the best I've ever had in my 71 years.