“A hidden gem for an enjoyable dinner”
Review of Habesha

Habesha
Ranked #478 of 2,160 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Description: Phone is 916-925-8591
Description: Phone is 916-925-8591
Reviewed 27 December 2017

This Eritrean and Ethiopian Restaurant provides an authentic meal experience. The owner Mike served us a chicken and a lamb dish. It is served on what looks like a pizza platter that you and your dinner companion share. You eat using the unique bread supplied to grab the food. The food is very good. The experience is worth the visit. Mike explained the political relationship between Eritrea and Ethiopia. The atmosphere is nothing special, but the place is small and very quiet. If you are looking for an adventure, you will enjoy an evening out with dinner here.

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

This place is unassuming and simple with great good! Come with an open mind for the plastic cups, eating with your hands and super casual atmosphere. It's all about the food! Mike will make it any way you like and takes into consideration all your needs.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Really great food on a small hole in the wall restaurant. I had the Derho Kulwa which is chicken sauted with onions, jalapenos, tomatoes and garlic. I usually don't do hot stuff so I asked for the jalapenos to be skipped. Owner was really nice and the service was great.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

This place looks creepy from the parking lot but it serves really wonderful food! Sit on the quiet patio and enjoy the large shared plates with friends (don't ask the owner for individual plates, it's just not how they do it). Service is not particularly friendly but it is very efficient. Recommended for foodies.

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

I lived in Ethiopia for two years and so my expectations of Ethiopian restaurants is high. My sister found this place on groupon and we went there today with my parents. I can honestly say it was great. The Shiro was superb, and the Doro Wot was also good.

It is not a fancy restaurant but well worth going. They had Ethiopian beer aswell. Too bad we live in Grass Valley or this would be a regular eating place for me.

1  Thank Africache

Been to Habesha? Share your experiences!